8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

STRUP is awesome

4K views 56 replies 33 participants last post by  dannyboy 
#1 ·
Just installed strup race header and all I can say is wow. Midrange is a huge difference, car revs freely and the sound is addicting. On a side note I really like how the stock exhaust sounds with the raceheader. My injen cai sounded fantastic but now with the header it really is amazing.

#4 ·
Yeah man its awesome and I have to say excelerate performance was awesome to deal with. The shipping was super fast and their customer service top notch I will definetely order from them again. Also the hissing noise really threw me off but I love it

#5 ·
Glad to hear man! I got mine in this past week, but I can't install it for another week or two. I'm waiting until I get my skunk2 60mm catback in the mail and installing both at the same time... It's probably going to be loud lol.... might have to use the silencer.

I hope I don't throw a CEL, but hopefully the Strup angled defouler will keep the CELs at bay.

#6 ·
Let us know if it ruins your stock exhaust. There has been a bit of feedback with other headers taking out the stock exhaust within a few months. I think the speculation was that the extra fumes mixed with hotter exhaust takes out the baffling inside the can. I'm waiting till I can afford the header and exhaust at the same time for that reason.

#8 ·
yea i had strup with megan mid pipe and stock muffler. People kept telling me that the fumes were going to get away my stock. 2 weeks, didn't know if it was just the smell of the cat-less pipe but smelled really bad. so i cough up 210$ to get the megan axle back, sounds great with the silencer, a lil quieter than stock IMO, but loud enough for you to feel it when its off. Strup FTW, well until smog check comes along.

#13 ·
Nope, the Strup is catless. I'm pretty sure Vibrant is the only one that makes a header for our cars with a HFC already built in. You could always have one welded in on another header though.

Personally, I was going to go HFC at first, but after I realized I wouldn't pass inspection either way, I figured why not just go all out and get the most gains for my money.

#33 ·
i can smell it at times with the windows closed
i feel like the flex pipe releases some gases
and i looked up the gases at another thread
it can do some harm to ur lungs over a period of time
the gains are worth it though
i might do a vid if i get my hands on my friends camera

#35 ·
to people that have installed this. Did you guys unbolt all the bolts from underneath or did you guys take off the cowl to get to the top bolts? Ive been seeing different people saying you can get to all of them through the bottom and others saying u can only get to them from the top. Im doin my install for my vibrant this sat and wanna get through it asap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.