8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I intalled a Greddy Evo2 catback on my 07 civic Si tonight. But when I was removing the stock exhaust, a bolt coming from the cat was VERY VERY tight and I ended up stripping it. When I tried to put the Greddy on, one of the bolts wouldnt tighten on. So what I'm wondering, is this bad that ONE of the bolts isn't tightened on? The other two are nice and snug, but will this cause a leak or any problems??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
it probably will cause a leak, although its not definite.. i know i would try and correct the problem ASAP... i guess get another bolt the same size, go to honda if necessary but a hardware store should have one almost identical

there are 3 bolts to the cat... if one isnt tight then 33% of the piping to the cat isnt tight... and thats an important seal

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
HOME DEPOT or LOWE's

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But how do I take out the stripped bolt?? It seems to be permanently on the CAT. I mean, I can maybe take off the nut but the actual BOLT seems to be on there for good.....

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Cut off the bolt as much as you can with a saw or something. Then drill out whatever is left and you got a hole you can put a new bolt through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts