8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up...

Simply put, im intersted in seeing what members of 8thcivic have a streetbike.

What bike are you currently riding and what type of bike did you start out on?

thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a 2004 GSXR 750...and yes I learned on a Ninja 250 only had the ninja for 3 weeks though till I got the 750 I justed wanted something small to take the driving test on

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
dentrecords said:
I picked up a 2003 Honda RC51 as an upgrade from my previous bike, a 2003 Suzuki SV650S.

These typically dyno at close to 130 WHP with the Sato exhausts and power commander. It's by far the fastest thing I've ever driven.. Handling is very stable and predictable. I'll try and get some videos up in the next few days.

Mods (that I'm aware of):

Sato Carbon Fibre Slip ons
Power Commander 3
Galfer Stainless Steel Brake lines
Corbin Seat
14/41 Gearing DID Chain
Sato Clip Ons
Dan Kyle Shock link
Taller Kickstand (for the raised rear)
Zero Gravity Windscreen
Carbon Fibre Radiator Screens
Flapper Mod
PAIR System Removed
Michelin Pilot Powers

Stats:

Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled 90 degree V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 100mm x 63.6mm
Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion: PGM-FI with two injectors per cylinder
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain

Suspension
Front: 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: HMAS Pro-Link single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel

Brakes
Front: Dual full-floating 320mm discs with four-piston calipers
Rear: Single 220mm disc with single-piston caliper

Tires
Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 190/50R-17 radial

Wheelbase: 55.9 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 23.5ø
Trail: 94.6mm (3.7 inches)
Seat Height: 32.3 inches
Dry Weight: 430 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons, including 1.2-gallon reserve
Color: Red/Metallic Silver

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Been a motorcycle rider since I was a pre-teen, so going on about 35 years now.

Started riding on dirt bikes and an old Trident of my uncle's (don't know the year, 'old' would suffice).

Sold my last dedicated 'street' bike a bit back (Kawasaki Concourse Touring bike), though I have had many bikes down through the years (VFRs and CBRs, mostly).

Currently, the only 'streetable' bike I have is a dual-sport used principally for trail riding (KLR-250D). My passion is dual-sport riding and for that I use my '03 Kawasaki KLX-300.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
On my 2nd bike, had a 99 GSXR 600 before this. Had to sell it so that I could still have a roof on my head, stupid parents.

·
Registered
993 Posts
roadrunner1659 said:
black civic si...you and your buddies bikes are nice...

im just wondering but are these your first bikes?
yes, it's our first bike. We also took the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) Course, also have frame slider on the bike.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so black how do you feel with the 600 as your first bike?

i am currently looking for my first bike...its basically a graduation present from college to myself b/c my parents dont want me to get one so they wont be helping out so i started saving now a year and 1/2 in advance...

i really want the new GSXR600...i have always wanted one and i think the new ones are amazing!

i do plan on taking the MSF course and i will either get fram sliders or might go one up and get a cage for the bike...more likely the cage if i got a brand new bike...

·
Registered
993 Posts
love the 600rr, user friendly. But if this is going to be your first bike I highly recommend getting a used bike to mess around with. For me I didn't have cash in hand so I decided to get a new bike and trying to build my credit score, also iI baby my bike and my car. I also would recommend going to other motorcycle forums online and read about the bikes you're looking in to.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i do already belong to a motorcylce forum and i spend alot of time reading and asking questions there...

i am thinking about going the used route first...but entertaining all possible ideas...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts