8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought my rear camber kit for $229. Its a skunk2 kit which i cant find anywhere for under 255. Im gonna put it on with my comptech springs here soon. If any of you guys need any parts i would highly reccomend these guys. there phone number is 704 305 0323. sptechniques.com
the website doesnt have many of the parts but call em and youll see what i mean. anyways, do you guys think i should get the front camber kit too?, many say its not necessary but some argue it is. what do you think?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
When the people say you don't need a camber kit for the front they are saying, you don't need one to correct any negative camber that occurs as a result of lowering the car. If you want to maximize the handling of your car, negative camber is a must. When your car is going straight the front tire look like this l . When you are turning the top points to the outside of the turn like this \ . If you add negative camber you wheels will look like this / in a straight line and this l in a turn. That will get you more tire on the road which equals more grip. Camber only puts a little extra tire wear on the inside shoulder of the tire.

For way way way more in depth info on suspension, read the sticies. All of them, every page, every post, every word and evey link in any of them.

·
Administrator
71,986 Posts
when they say it isn't necessary they mean that it is possible to adjust them back into or close enough to spec without a camber kit. but if you want the adjustability to change them, especially to dial it in how you would want for tracking or such, then they are a must.

but without them, you can get an alignment and be fine.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im saying with just the rear camber arms, will i be ok or to maximize performance and tire life would it be best to get the front camber bolts as well as having the rear which i alrealdy have.
basically, is it worth the extra 35 bucks? will it improve a) performance b) performance and tread wear or c) both

thanks,
vince

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok im sorry your right i didnt realize that. im a suspension noob. whats the right camber for daily driving trying to maximize performance and tire wear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts