8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today that my 07 Ex sedan's windshield had a small one inch crack at the upper right most corner inside the seal area, so I can't see it from the inside. This must have happened yesterday because I washed the car on Monday. I'm not aware of any rock hitting me on the road and nothing could have fallen onto it where I parked. Also, there is no visible chip on the surface, if I run my finger across I can feel the crack.
I don't know what could have caused this? Is it stress? I have 7200 miles on the car and it's a city/highway mix. Is this something that the warranty might cover?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Get this addressed before the cold hits. This crack will definitely spread if not fixed.

What soap did you use? jk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The weather isn't cooperating so I couldn't take a picture, but this shows where the crack is. I just don't know if this is a warranty issue or insurance. I'm not too worried about it develops because I think it has no where to go (besides start to make the seal leak, which could be a serious problem).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its a insurance deal for sure under comprehensive not collision... the glass cracked for some kind of reason cant really prove it to be warrenty with the miles on your car. Also for your info windsheilds are made of two peices of glass with a clear like glue stuff in between the glass to hold it together. If you can feel it on the outside of the car I wouldn't really worry about it leaking in to the car at all...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
This happened to me. I had around 7k miles and my windshield just cracked one day on the bottom driver-side corner. After a week it became around 6 inches long. I brought it in to the dealer and they said it was a stress crack but they usually happen within the 1st month or so of owning the car. Anyways it was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fa1 said:
This happened to me. I had around 7k miles and my windshield just cracked one day on the bottom driver-side corner. After a week it became around 6 inches long. I brought it in to the dealer and they said it was a stress crack but they usually happen within the 1st month or so of owning the car. Anyways it was replaced under warranty.
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely try the dealer first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts