8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed a sound when I hit vtec that I am not sure has always been there. Right at the moment when I first hit vtec (aprrox 5800 to 6000rpm), I get somewhat of a brief louder sound that almost sounds like a vibration sound that cant be felt. Its not very loud and it goes away as I continue on up in rpms. It only last for a brief moment when the cams change. Most people would probably not even notice it, but being a car enthusiast I do, as I am sure most of you would also. Maybe the sound has always been there but I dont think so. Do any of you experience this? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,889 Posts
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

thats vtec for u man.

full throttle the accelerator...and here it gooo waaaaaaaaa5800AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA7500blinker shift
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
49,418 Posts
nayilsi said:
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

thats vtec for u man.

full throttle the accelerator...and here it gooo waaaaaaaaa5800AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA7500blinker shift
Mine used to do that.....it was more noticeable with the CAI.

It doesn't do it anymore tho.......that damn reflash made my vtec kick in at 4500 now the noise is gone :lildevil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,889 Posts
06blaksi said:
Mine used to do that.....it was more noticeable with the CAI.

It doesn't do it anymore tho.......that damn reflash made my vtec kick in at 4500 now the noise is gone :lildevil:
ur joking right ????

i have no experience with reflash....shouldnt the sound kick in earlier >?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
49,418 Posts
nayilsi said:
ur joking right ????

i have no experience with reflash....shouldnt the sound kick in earlier >?
nope.....the reflash lowers the vtec point to 4500 and raises the rev limit to 8600. The crossover into vtec is alot smoother now than when it was stock


http://hondata.com/reflash_06_civicsi.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,094 Posts
nayilsi said:
ur joking right ????

i have no experience with reflash....shouldnt the sound kick in earlier >?
Nope, you are actually loosing that VTEC kick and sound. The changeover is smoother and less noticable and if you read the Hondadata description they even say that the sudden changeover is gone but this is the way of making more power. So if you like that VTEC KICK don't get HOndadata.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
49,418 Posts
Tom1222 said:
So if you like that VTEC KICK don't get HOndadata.
I would rather have teh Hondata :lildevil:
vtec in 5th at 70mph and vtec in 6th at 99mph :lildevil: :lildevil: :lildevil: not that I ever drive that fast :eek:hnoes:
 

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
Joined
·
29,707 Posts
06blaksi said:
I would rather have teh Hondata :lildevil:
vtec in 5th at 70mph and vtec in 6th at 99mph :lildevil: :lildevil: :lildevil: not that I ever drive that fast :eek:hnoes:
:yeahthat:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,469 Posts
ok ppl enough shannanogans and tom-foolery... the sound that your hearing before the vtec hits is the timing advance..... it goes


veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrBBBEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGERRRRRRRRRRRR then you go HOOOLLLLYYY CRAP I CANT HOLD ON, and grab for the steering wheel in a comical fashion, like your being thrown into your seat.... yes?

I do it all the time, driving with me is realy quite a experience, If you live HAHAHAHAHA...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top