8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm hoping I can get some help on identifying my problem.

I have a 07' Civic EX which is about BRAND NEW. Only about 100 or so miles on it.

I have drove it a few times now, but after letting the car sit in my garage for a couple days; The car wont start.

-Placing the keys in the ignition will make the usual beeping.

-Once I turn the keys to the next position, the instrument panel and lights will flash repetitively quick in an unusual manner, then will turn off.

-Trying to start the car will make a repetitive clicking noise in and outside of the car.

I have not done anything to the engine, battery, etc. The battery is like new, so I'm lost as to what could be wrong, unless its a defect/wireing/etc.

If anyone has any information on this I would greatly appreciate it and how I can go about having this fixed.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeahh...even though it's a new car the battery can still go dead. Batteries can go dead just sitting there...I once went to test drive an Acura with my mom and the TL we got into to test drive was dead! They had to jump it.

That's what it sounds like though.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
trogers8 said:
Yeahh...even though it's a new car the battery can still go dead. Batteries can go dead just sitting there...I once went to test drive an Acura with my mom and the TL we got into to test drive was dead! They had to jump it.

That's what it sounds like though.
agree 100%

I see this happen all the time.All depends how long it sat at the dealers for.

They more then likely had to boost it themselves...threw it on a charger and charged the battery then delivered it to you.

I would go back and get them to put a brand new battery in.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
If it makes a repetative very fast clicking / buzz from under the hood when you try to start it the battery is almost toally dead, time to have it checked out if you didn't leave anything on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts