8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the past few days Ive noticed a strange noise from my gas cap while the car is idling. It will randomly make a hissing noise then a pop. It doesnt seem to happen in set intervals and the best way to describe the noise is almost like a breathing machine in the hospital. Ive checked the gas cap and it is tight and its been happening no matter what the fuel level is. My mods are AEM CAI v2, invidia header, vibrant exhaust, and flashpro. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It sounds like your pinched or removed a line from the charcoal canister. Or your gas cap could be defective. The vapors coming from your tank are trying to find a way out and they are going through the cap.

The charcoal canister is used as an emission control device and consists of a sealed canister of activated charcoal with connections on the top of the canister. It’s used as a temporary storage device for fuel vapor from the fuel tank.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the same thing, it has to do with your tune. I was told it is normal because you are messing with your fuel. If you want to test it, flash it back to stock and see if you hear it. I only started noticing it after I got my flashpro too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Same issue here. I've had my flashpro since the beginning of the year. My FA5 just started doing this today. It's normal ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts