8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does everyone hate on the r18 when someone asks a question about beating this or that car. "its and economy car" so? i have an EX manual and i'm having fun running it. i'm hanging with those old sports cars like the 99 si and gsr and some new ones. stop hatin on a r18

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I agree, be proud what you have. An R18 is better than alot of cars out there. But thats just nature of things when someone asks on how to improve the R18 civic si just comes out

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
because some SI drivers thinks their cars are a ferrari and start to feel that everyone is out there to race them because SI are faster than lightning. When in reality most people can even defferentiate between the models because to them its just a civic

·
Registered
61 Posts
carlo_amacio said:
because some SI drivers thinks their cars are a ferrari and start to feel that everyone is out there to race them because SI are faster than lightning. When in reality most people can even defferentiate between the models because to them its just a civic
+1

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Lol this thread wreaks of SI-bitterness already..

Yes, the R18 is a fine engine. Yes, I drove and LX before my SI.

It just gets old when people ask "can the R18 beat this" and this and this.. all the time. Sadly, if the car you're asking about isn't slow as crap, then the answer is no, you cannot beat it.

Dont' get me wrong.. it's annoying seeing "Can an SI beat this" threads all the time as well. But what's really annoying is when some of you guys post up blatant lies about kills when the R18 could never even hope to touch that.

And to be honest.. I would be skeptical of an R18 beating a 99 Si or a GSR unless it was modded quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I got the R18 cuz it's the fastest car I've ever driven!!!:rolleyes:

Switching from my old truck to my car was... well it took some getting used to.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Vtec said:
And to be honest.. I would be skeptical of an R18 beating a 99 Si or a GSR unless it was modded quite a bit.

never said i beat them. i said i hang. and i hung with an ep3 today. i was so suprised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.