8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here agrees? Anyone here have any solutions? My blades are even worse now after I wiped ice. Mind you, I wiped ice on my blades for the first time yesterday and now they're leaving major streaks on my windshield now.

My wiper blades left streaks since day one of owning my 07 Civic sedan, and I'll have to say, these stock wiper blades preform only just as well as 3 dollar wiper blades from Wal-Mart.

People always talk about crappy paint on their 8th gen Civic, heck, I'll say the wiper blades and the design are a total embarassment!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The design of the arms, I really like. The outward sweep motion even better, as it leaves more open windshield. It also seems like some people got good blades, and some people get bad ones...I got bad ones. They streak like a mofo, but I haven't gotten them changed yet....

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after the wiping some pretty thick ice off my windshield, the streaks are quite bad - they're what I call blurry streaks. Now, when I use my windshield wipers, I can hear wiper sounds, and before, it was pretty much silent. Anyone here have any solutions?

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
I have had my car since feb 06, so this is almost two years, and im still on my first set and they work awsome, i dont even know how much they cost...

I love everything about them... i might buy new ones just for winter.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
portabuddy, Winters in Ontario can be extremely cold, harsh, and icy and I'm surprised that you're still on your first set and they still work awesome. Hmmmmm... do you have streaks? I find it hard to believe. Yesterday, was the first day I experienced ice, and and just using it once on rock hard ice, it pretty much made my wipers streak big time now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have never had problems with the wipers. They are pretty good actually. I would trade my 3rd gear problem for your bad blades anyday.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heck, it's not just the streaks that's driving me angry, the sound from the blades are giving me a headache. I don't know if it's the blades or wiper mechanism that's worn out.

Yeah, I just woke up to two days of rock solid ice. The first day, it was so cold and icy, my wiper didn't even move at all and it showed no hesitation to move at all - no sounds, it didn't shudder, no moaning. The second day, the wiper moved, well, more like by accident and it wiped through rock solid ice with some windshield wiper fluid.

When I mean accident, I forgot to turn off my wipers when I turned off the car and when I got into the car and I started the engine, the wiper were on and moving and it wiped through rock solid ice. I just wonder if just cleaning the blades with a soft cloth will help or not with the streaks and the sound.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Sucks to hear that. I guess replace them if they suck.
I happen to disagree because I'll have had mine for a year very soon.
No streaking (unless its dirty) or excessive "grinding"

We had freezing rain last night and then it snowed on top.
Cleaned the wipers. used them.. totally fine. They work as good as they did when they were new.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
32k miles on stock wiper blades and still good as new.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i used mine 5 times. 1 was cause it was raining and the other 4 is on accident cause i was cleaning the interior. but it work fine i like it.

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
I have had my car since feb 06, so this is almost two years, and im still on my first set and they work awsome, i dont even know how much they cost...

I love everything about them... i might buy new ones just for winter.
:yeahthat:

i have had mine now going on 2 years in -40 temp winter day and have never had any problem with them if you clean ice/snow off the blade itself they work well

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those who like 'em... do you suffer from constant streaks? - minor or major.
I've had streaks since day one... now I have blurry streaks, after just using it once to wipe off rock solid ice. It's just embarassing to have these streaks for a new car. Streaks also = annoying sounds. I'll try to clean it with a cloth but I don't know if it'll work or not.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts