8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just recently had a pioneer avic-d1 profesionally installed. everything looks fine except that i noticed the stock sub is not working? is it normal? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you would do to make the stock sub work. I would recommend getting an aftermarket sub and amp if you are actually looking for bass.

You could maybe talk to the guys that installed it and see if they will work out the sub.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't understand why the stock sub would not be working but i would definitely consider getting aftermarket sub and amp. Im currently running a 15 Kicker CVX sub and Kicker 1600 amp i got the metra kit with a panasonic deck going to be installed this weekend:dancing: btw nice deck :thumb:

·
Registered
681 Posts
The Avic D-1 can only power 4x50 watts (about 23-25rms) to each speaker so its probably not getting any power.. get an aftermarket amp and subwoofer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks blackhawk black si, i just researched it and i think i need to get the amp bypass harness, anyone know where or how to install this? im kinda new at this

·
Registered
563 Posts
thanks blackhawk black si, i just researched it and i think i need to get the amp bypass harness, anyone know where or how to install this? im kinda new at this
You have to connect the amp bypass harness to the one with 10 holes if im not mistaken the diagram is included when you buy the harness your going to have to take out your aftermarket deck i suggest having a professional do it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I take it they bypassed the factory amps hence why the factory "sub" isn't working.

You need to turn on the factory amps by using the remote lead from your HU to the factory one. That's how my D3 is setup. Yeah, there's some white noise but everything works because it's being run off the factory amps, just getting the signal from the D3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I take it they bypassed the factory amps hence why the factory "sub" isn't working.

You need to turn on the factory amps by using the remote lead from your HU to the factory one. That's how my D3 is setup. Yeah, there's some white noise but everything works because it's being run off the factory amps, just getting the signal from the D3.
What you mean by d3 ? Please I’m new in this :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts