8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any way to control the stock sub(aside from just adjusting bass levels) while using an aftermarket deck that has sub output. I know I could just solder on some rca ends, but what wires would I have to tap into? I have read over the factory diagrams and there doesn't seem to be any sub signal output from the factory deck(as it is most likely divied up at the amplifier). I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this matter?
thanks for all the info in advance

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket amp or are you using the decks amp to drive you speakers? Don’t tell me that you connected the aftermarket deck to the factory amp.
In any case, you would need an amp for your sub and then just plug the amp into the sub out on the deck. If you are considering the factory deck consider that it only delivers 12 watts/ch. Not exactly boomer class.

jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using An AVIC D3 with stock SI premium amplified system(I'm using the low level outputs of the D3 - RCA output). The factory deck allows you to adjust the level of the stock sub seperately from the bass of the speakers. I was just asking if there is any way to control the level of my stock sub with the aftermarket deck. Not using any aftermarket amps -thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
No, you would have to use another amp for the sub. The factory amp is actually 8-channels but only 7 are used in the Civic. The problem is it has only 4 inputs. You would have to mod the factory amp to add an additional input, with only 12 watts/ch it is hardly worth it.

jeff

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
You might as well just get another sub and amp seeing as you have an after market HU, you won't get the performance out of the new HU with the factory sub and amp. When it comes to upgrading start with the speakers first because that is where the sound comes out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I kinda wanted to stay away from filling my trunk with extra stuff, But I guess it's inevitavable. Thanks - thats kinda interesting info about the factory amp having 8 channels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts