8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much power can a stock r18 engine hold? I am working on making my own custom turbo kit.. I was curious about how much power a stock r18 can hold before having to upgrade the pistons. I have a gt28 turbo and i am bending my own pipes. the gt28 has been tuned to push around and over 300hp. Just wondering what the limit is on the stock r18?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This has been brought up time and time again with no real answer. 420 coupe is running a jotech kit and pushing close to 300, there's about to be a guy running a full race efr kit and will probably be making pretty close to the same numbers, 8thgeninal is making over 200 so it's pretty solid in that range. I'd say anything over 350 and you're starting to dance with the devil but that's just a guess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i just want to have a base, before i have to replace the pistons and the cams/pulleys. dont want to destroy the engine. With the custom turbo kit designed by my buddy at dominanteng.com we are thinking to get it up to 275/300hp.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Looks like they do some nice work. Yeah I think you should be good with goals like that. Start a build thread in the turbo section when you start gathering parts and take mad pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do. and my buddy from dominanteng.com will be custom making the whole kit as well as my intake manifold. He is working on a custom suspension right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts