8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so when honda fixed my 3rd gear problem they apparently lost all the bears to my top hat and didnt tell me. So I was driving with a strange rattle and popping noises cause I was too lazy to take a look or take it in; until warranty was over did I take a look at my suspension and found out wth was wrong.

Anyways, I go and order a new part (51726-SNA-013) #13 in the picture.

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label[ProductID]=CIVIC&Label[YearID]=2007&Label[DoorID]=4&Label[GradeID]=SI&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=6MT&Label[SectionID]=CHASSIS&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=FRONT+SHOCK+ABSORBER&ProductID=4&YearID=38&DoorID=4&GradeID=11&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=8&SectionID=6&IllustrationGroupID=13897

My question is, wheres the bearings? Did I order the right piece?? Did they change the design? I dont recall exactly how it looks like anymore since it has been a while since I took my suspension apart but this does not look familiar to me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
the ball bearings go inside those groves all around. make sure you grease it good
Dude! Where did you come up with that? Seriously, if you don't know... don't guess... you're not doing the OP any favors by telling him to destroy a brand new part..

OP. What you have there is the bearing. It doesn't spin freely by design, its mean to have a certain amount of turning friction... this is mostly from the seals.

DO NOT try to pull it apart. You will lose all the balls and make a big mess.

If you are replacing the existing bearing on your strut, you'll need to pry it off the upper mount (51920 #14) with a screw driver. Do not put any grease on your bearing, its a sealed unit... just install it. The stainless shim faces your spring.

-SWRT

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
yeah the bearings are inside that rubber piece, u try to pry it off and there goes all ur bearings again... just install that part and your good to go

and i don't get how they could of possibly lost all the bearings unless there was a specific reason why they took apart the top hat from the rest of the suspension??

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you everyone for all your help, much appreciated. So I tried rotating the piece and indeed it does rotate, meaning the bearings are probably inside. This new piece is tighter than the one on the car so it kind of threw me off.

I honestly have no idea. I wish I could have them fix the problem they made but I doubt theyll take responsibility for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.