8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was driving with my new gf and were talking and she turned off the radio (which i hate it when passengers touch my radio). anywayz, im listening to her talk and speed up at the same time. ive never noticed this, but when im driving/shifting around 4 or 5k (but not trying the car), the exhaust sounds kinda like a 350Z, though not as loud but it sounds similar to it. anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i noticed this too but i don't think it's the exhuast, sounds more like it's comming from the intake/engine?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I like the cars exhaust sound around 2500 rpm's. It seems to get very quiet the higher the engine revs, from inside the car at least. I haven't listened to my car from the outside yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you know... my friend and i both have an si but his exhaust sounds deeper than mine. do you think it is because we drive it differently? if so, how can i make it sound like his?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
wixxer said:
you know... my friend and i both have an si but his exhaust sounds deeper than mine. do you think it is because we drive it differently? if so, how can i make it sound like his?
Different brands of gas, combined with debris inside the pipes?

Otherwise could be metal density difference or some other technical detail you'd need a tech team to notice.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
wixxer said:
Do you notice this inside his car, or when following him? If it's when your next to or following him then it's just because his exhaust is directing the sound at you, if it's when in the car then I have no idea why.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive had people in traffic tell me that my exhaust did sound like a Z, just never really noticed or listened cuz i always have my radio on.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
AllShowNoGo said:
so i was driving with my new gf and were talking and she turned off the radio (which i hate it when passengers touch my radio). anywayz, im listening to her talk and speed up at the same time. ive never noticed this, but when im driving/shifting around 4 or 5k (but not trying the car), the exhaust sounds kinda like a 350Z, though not as loud but it sounds similar to it. anyone else notice this?
I said the same thing and everyone said I was wrong. I said it sounded similar, not exactly like it.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
volvo9 said:
I like the cars exhaust sound around 2500 rpm's. It seems to get very quiet the higher the engine revs, from inside the car at least. I haven't listened to my car from the outside yet.
I recently had my girlfriend rev my car while I was in the garage standing behind it and it sounded GREAT. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
wixxer said:
Here's the how too...
1)Put the clutch in

2)Rev it to 4,000 RPM

3)Pop the clutch and let the engine sing, and the tires smoke

4)Once rolling, second let that VTEC run like a rapped ape :vtec:

pretty much that's how it's done. Oh, when you do this... watch out for the cops :police:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts