8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering the specs for the stock amp in my civic 2008 ex coupe. I am wanting to upgrade my stock headunit but I was wondering what I should do with my speakers. I have a alpine sub in the trunk so I am not wanting to use the stock sub. I have narrowed it down to two choices:

1. Use the the stock honda amp and upgrade door/rear deck speakers.

2. Use the internal amp on the new headunit (22rmsx4) and upgrade door/rear deck speakers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The stock amp has about the same power as most high power decks. I measured a good clean 18 watts/ch. All car audio decks are highly overrated 22, 25, 50 watts are not realistic unless you can tolerate 10-50% THD. The factory amp is the same, Honda claims 50 watts/ch.

Unless you want more features there really isn’t a good reason to replace the factory deck, it has very fine audio specs. The week link in the system is the amp. Connecting a high priced deck to the factory amp is not a good solution. If you go with a deck buy a good amp for it.

Jeff

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just mainly want more control over my sub and sound, my type r sounds terrible sometimes. I have my sub currently tapped into my factory sub wires. I think I will use the new headunits internal amp or I am thinking about putting in an aftermarker 4 channel but I am trying to keep costs down. Ill see what my installer has to say, I might just listen to his car and see what he did. He has a civic too

·
Registered
71 Posts
Old Post, but I am too..
Looking to replace my Old Speakers in '08 Civic EX with Premium Sound syste, want to do a simple 1 for 1 swap.

Does anyone have more information on the factory amp... since the factory amp does the crossover internally, and not wanting to introduce any crossover level incompatibilities:

Looking for the Crossover Levels,(Frequency) for the Tweeter, Mid/Full Range Door/Rear, and the Sub-Woofer.

Additionally would like to know the sensitivity level of the factory speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts