8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I don't want to spend a lot of money. I have budgeted for Rims/Tires and Tint separately and have $1200.00 for performance related mods right now. What would you recommend and why?

Thanks.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
intake, header, exhaust

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Believe it or not, an intake, race header and cat-back will shoot the wad. I agree with what Exeon said as good places to start modding.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a plan....so no Hondata?, Just I/H/E.

I was thinking about the SRI/Hondata/E combo....the new CT Engineering Intake looks interesting.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sounds like a plan....so no Hondata?, Just I/H/E.

I was thinking about the SRI/Hondata/E combo....the new CT Engineering Intake looks interesting.
I agree with the intake, header and exhaust approach. And don't get a reflash without a header or you will lose midrange power.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Once you have I/H/E, then save up for the reflash.

After those, you can always get pullies, TBS, IMG, and other smaller parts.

·
Registered
257 Posts
hondata is a good reflash but it won't deal with higher mods past h/i/e. so if you want cams just wait on the reflash. but h/i/e is a good place to start. if you do get the comptech intake watch out for the horrors of sponge filters *_* had one on my evo and it let so much dirt into the engine. damn hks -_-

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
If you not planning on going to crazy, the reflash is a good mod because you pick up so much power in the mid range. Intake, Header, and Refalsh would be a better DD then I/H/E IMO

·
Registered
264 Posts
so far i have fujita sri and greddy ti-c catback and couldnt be happier with it. i soon plan on going vibrant catless header then reflashing. but as far as I/E, im happy with mine

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
:yeahthat:

as everyone stated before..

start with an intake, then bolt up a race header and exhaust..

p2r throttle body spacer is cheap and a good mod..

then get the reflash or pullies.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i think you should also put your money into vast amounts of sticker packages from companies that you have no products from, also a stick on fake carbon fiber non functioning hood scoop would do you good also. get some vents to top it all off

·
Registered
363 Posts
Go with vibrant for h/e it'd run you a good amount it's well worth it. As far as I to with the new revised aem cai.
How loud will the Vibrant Header and Exhaust be? Would it still be quieter than a stock header and skunk2 70mm catback? I think i've got the same standard goals as the poster I'm just scared of having a header/exhaust combo an ending up with something too loud and buzzing for myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, I searched some threads and I am thinking I will go with the new CT intake, APEXi WS2 Exhaust and Vibrant Header. Which header do I need to order, the one with the Cat delete pipe or the other?

·
Registered
375 Posts
How loud will the Vibrant Header and Exhaust be? Would it still be quieter than a stock header and skunk2 70mm catback? I think i've got the same standard goals as the poster I'm just scared of having a header/exhaust combo an ending up with something too loud and buzzing for myself.
my VIBRANT SETUP thread is still floating around in this forum it has two clips with my aem cai, pulleys and vibrant H/E

1 - 20 of 20 Posts