8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the clutch pedal on the FG2 supposed to feel much stiffer then other cars ? i recently acquired an FG2 and one of the first thing i noticed when i drove it is how stiff that pedal is, i own an EP3 and previously owned an EM2 and haven't drove any honda that has a clutch pedal that stiff.
the previous owner did have the clutch replaced and according to the paperwork the shop put for him a Sachs clutch and an auto zone master cylinder and OE slave cylinder. is it possible that this combination cause the stiff clutch pedal ? i tried to lubricate the pedal but that didn't help
as far as shifting, the car shifts fine and it doesn't grind or anything, just that stiff pedal that i'm not sure if i need to do something about it or leave it alone

and another issue is the input shaft bearing becomes noisy only when the AC is on; i assume new engine mount can solve this ?

·
Registered
781 Posts
That vatozone clutch master cylinder might be the culprit... I know a lot a people on here have put the Omni clutch master cylinder and said it was really stiff, even broke the welds on the clutch pedal. I would swap over a revised oem unit, or the em1 and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts