8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All... Have a 07 Si Coupe and whenever i go on business trips and leave my car for like a week when i come back and go to start my car my brake pedal is rock hard. Its as if someone had been pumping my brake with the car off... im the only one with a key so that rules that out. i know its probably nothing wrong just wondering if this happens to anyone else cause it hasnt happened on my previous cars.

PS. Dont know if it matters but the temperature where i am is getting cold around 55 60 during day 40 at night.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found possible solution:

2007 Model Year Technical Service Bulletins (All Trims)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07-077 - Brake Pedal Feels Hard in the Mornings or in Cold Weather
06-014 - Front Door Glass Comes Out of the Channel (Revised 09/07/2007)
07-004 - Front Seat Cushion Cover Is Loose
07-062 - Poor A/C Performance During Acceleration
07-078 - Pop or Clunk From the Front Suspension While Driving Over a Bump After Turning (2-door)
07-078 - Pop or Clunk From the Front Suspension While Driving Over a Bump After Turning (4-door)
07-078 - Pop or Clunk From the Front Suspension While Driving Over a Bump After Turning (Si)
06-060 - Rattle From Right-Front of Vehicle When Driving Over Bumps (Revised 02/10/2007)
07-071 - Windshield Wipers Intermittently Do Not Park or Turn Off (Revised 11/22/2007)
08-001 - Uneven or Rapid Rear Tire Wear

Calling the dealership today/tommorow

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
check valve on the brake booster is probrably letting air into the booster killing the vacuum which it operates off of when the car is sitting.

talk to the dealer and they will prob replace that part.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the same thing. 07lx coupe. brake pedal very stiff until u start the car. Is it susposed to be like that?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ive never thought of that to be a problem. Pump your brakes with the car off - it goes stiff pretty quickly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same thing on my 07 fg2,my driveway has a slight incline,and i dont use the parking brake,car slides down hill until the car starts and the brake pedal engages

1 - 11 of 11 Posts