8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys you may have read my original thread about this same issue. I decided to make a new thread so it will be less confusing.

Hey guys, hoping somebody can give me some insight on what is going on with my clutch. I know this is a long ass post, but please read though it and maybe you can help me out. As this car is really starting to annoy me.

First I will let you know about the vehicle:
-2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe
-Approximetly 107000 kms

Now to the issue.

If I get in my car after it has been sitting for a couple hours everything seems fine for the first 30 minutes or so. Then the clutch seems to take longer than normal to return to it's original position. It seems that if I shiift at higher rpm's(7000+) it is even worse. That is the minor problem. Recently I have found when I am sitting in traffic, that sometimes when I get ready to go, the car won't move. What I mean by this is that, say I am sitting in traffic and the traffic starts to move, will I push the clutch peddle to the floor, shift into 1st gear, release clutch peddle while adding a little bit of gas. Will when the peddle is back in its original position and I am applying gas, the car just sits there and revs. I then have to take the car in and out of gear several times or/and pump the clutch till it works again. During these instances the clutch sometimes seems to loose all it's pressure and other times it is impossible to push in.

I have had the car to the garage 3 or 4 times for the same issue in the past month or 2.

Parts that have been replaced at 107000km:
-Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder.
-Transmission and Clutch Housing.
-Mainshaft Oil Seal
-Drive Shaft Oil Seal
-Oil Seal Right Side
-Release Bearing.

At 46000kms I had the recall done for the 3rd gear issue. They replaced the syncros and 3rd gear. At the same time I replaced the clutch.(with a stock one)

All and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Adam

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I know you said you replaced the master and slave... but dang, I can't think of what else it could be if its not a hydraulics issue....

Hmm.... :think:

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you said you replaced the master and slave... but dang, I can't think of what else it could be if its not a hydraulics issue....

Hmm.... :think:
Yes the master and Slave was replaced with brand new Honda Oem parts. The service manager was thinking it may be hose collapseing causing the problem.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hose was replaced and I have since put about 10K kms on my car with zero issues. My car even seems to shift smoother than before. No 2nd or 3rd gear grinds unless i'm being too lazy to push the clutch in far enough.

Just thought I would update to let other members who may have a similar issue know what fixed my car.

Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts