8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put a 12" by 3" (inches) on my back windshield, what would be the best way to remove any residue when I want to take it off. I saw that people used rubbing alcohol and cotton balls to debadge their civics, would that possibly do the trick?

Also whats a reflash?

Thanks,
Tpofa

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Goo-Gone will remove the sticker residue.

Reflash aka Hondata Reflash - Hondata is the company who does the reflash. By the term reflash it means that Hondata reprogramms your ECU to run a little different than OEM. Redline is raised to 8600 & Vtec engagement is lowered to 4500 at WOT. It smooths out the Vtec "pop" that is very present on a non-reflashed ECU.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
If it's on the outside of the window and good window cleaner and a razor blade works fast. Just dont use it on the inside back window. This is what I use for all the cars that come into my shop with stickers. I have a nice scraper the blade sits in but you can do it without one too.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Also with the reflash, I believe you should not do that unless you have an intake, header and reflash to get the max gain out of it. I know very little though about engines though so I am sorry if I am wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts