8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

261 - 280 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
hey can anyone tell me what clear coat they used cause i used the duplicolor wheel enamel clear, and it started to fade the stickers?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
hey can anyone tell me what clear coat they used cause i used the duplicolor wheel enamel clear, and it started to fade the stickers?
I used a spray automotive clearcoat but water got behind it and started to fade the stickers then they eventually started cracking and peeling. I just peeled it all off the other day and I'm gonna try again with a spray on layer, polyurethane, then probably clear vinyl. I wouldn't recommend just putting the polyurethane on first because I did a sample and it kind of soaked into the stickers making it look wet even when it dried.

·
Registered
966 Posts
has anyone tried mod podge as a clear coat? its a craft sealent/glue that dries clear and used as a finish... it would be the way to go with all those stickers because it coats on pretty thick (you brush it on) but idk how it does outside with the sun and water and all....

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
has anyone tried mod podge as a clear coat? its a craft sealent/glue that dries clear and used as a finish... it would be the way to go with all those stickers because it coats on pretty thick (you brush it on) but idk how it does outside with the sun and water and all....
After looking into it, I think this stuff would work great...also they make a Mod Podge - Outdoor
Looks like its made to stand up to the elements, prob would help with the stickers fading too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will admit after coating mine with epoxy they are a tad faded but they have excellent durability. I still love the look.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
new printed awesomeness is now available, great for sticker bombing!!!

Thermal printed reflective JDM New Drivers!!! These are amazing, OEM-Quality!

and tons's of great thermal printed Pedobear goodies!

all are available now at GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!... , click on "new products!"

we also have 8 random stickers/colors as a grab bag, $15 for all 8! Great deal, get it while it lasts!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here's my trunk trim so far. It's only half way done because I'm waiting on stickers from Grafixpressions. I just got impatient and wanted to show it. I was only planning on it being temporary, but I really like it. I tried painting the chrome and it turned out looking like crap, so I figured I'd do this.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I just ordered a Yakima roof rack and Wavehog for my surfboard, I'll probably do a mild sticker bomb on the Yakima flaring.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ddi my radiator cooling plate today, used sticker bomb 2 book as a base, then I'll throw on stickers that I really like to stick out on top when I get em.

Has anyone sticker bombed the IM Cover? I wonder how that would look

261 - 280 of 388 Posts