8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
haha the whole time i was watching both videos im wondering why the drivers were staying so low in the rev range and why they werent sitting at redline.... but then i realized that they were at redline because they werent in hondas :D

i like both cars, just dont know if i could get over the STi's body style... sorta like the MS3

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
nice. i believe that this contradicts the comparison on the tsukuba circuit. correct me if im wrong but the sti clocked a faster lap time at tsukuba, but the evo is faster here.
I don't believe it contradicts anything. Tsukuba is Tsukuba, Buttonwillow is Buttonwillow. If all tracks had the same characteristics, they would have the same outcome but this is far from reality.

haha the whole time i was watching both videos im wondering why the drivers were staying so low in the rev range and why they werent sitting at redline.... but then i realized that they were at redline because they werent in hondas :D
These cars have low-mid end grunt unlike hondas :)

·
Registered
585 Posts

i like both cars, just dont know if i could get over the STi's body style... sorta like the MS3
Haha i was wondering the same thing lol. Is it just me or do our Si's accelerate/rev faster than those cars at those speeds?

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
nice. i believe that this contradicts the comparison on the tsukuba circuit. correct me if im wrong but the sti clocked a faster lap time at tsukuba, but the evo is faster here.
yes but in japan the sti has a 2.0 turbo instead of the 2.5 turbo it has here. i'm not sure of what other changes the jdm sti has vs. the usdm sti...

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Car designers seem to get lame...The body style on the Sti...WHY?

The regular imprezza has an ok body style...I like the 07s they are aggressive. Same goes for the new evos they don't look too nice...On the other hand they are both turbo AWD beasts!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
after watching both, it just confirms what ive been thinking for the last several months. new STi for 37grand = rip off. should be 27 grand.

the GSR is only 33.

your lucky your hot avy makes up for what you said :shady: :biggrin:
ehh, i like the EVO better, but save the ricer tails, the STi definetly has it beat in looks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.