8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup yall,

This might be a stupid question but i was just wondering what do you guys think are the best settings for our factory systems? I know the Si and Ex systems are the same.

Whats the opinion on settings? Bass? Sub? Treb? Balance? Does anybody have any special settings they can share?

Im just wondering because my system sounds good but i think it can sound better. I currently have +3 bass +3 sub and like +5 treb. and everything else at 0.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not a stupid question at all.. for the most part, set it to whatever YOU enjoy most, as long as you're not distorting the speakers with excessive bass, or cranking it up so loud that it distorts, you're not gonna do any damage to the system.

I DO recall that when I had the factory deck, I used to like to put the speakers faded to the rear a little bit. Balance should always be kept in the middle in my opinion.

If you want more volume.. high volume. you'll have to typically lower the bass a little, to give the amp and speakers a little breathing room.

The type of music you listen to will largely determine the tone settings more than anything. what works for light jazz surely won't work for Drum and Bass :)

"Riddim track, watch out!"

Happy listening!
J

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info i mostly listen to r&b.

What does that svc thing do and stand for??

·
Banned
796 Posts
Thanks for the info i mostly listen to r&b.

What does that svc thing do and stand for??
SVC = Speed Sensitive Volume Control.. if I remember correctly..

What it does is that it pretty much raises the volume slightly depending on your speed. If you haven't noticed, the faster you go, the louder the road sounds due to your engine, tires rubbing against the pavement, other road conditions, etc. The SVC raises the volume slightly so you can still hear your music comfortably I guess. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
SVC = Speed Sensitive Volume Control.. if I remember correctly..

What it does is that it pretty much raises the volume slightly depending on your speed. If you haven't noticed, the faster you go, the louder the road sounds due to your engine, tires rubbing against the pavement, other road conditions, etc. The SVC raises the volume slightly so you can still hear your music comfortably I guess. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
thats correct

·
Registered
374 Posts
I found that the SVC function was annoying and I ended up putting it to the lowest setting.. I could -notice- the subtle volume changes and it drove me nuts! :)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have the 2007 PIONEER PREMIER TS-SW841D 8" 500W Sub, Infinity Kappas 6 1/2 in the rear and Infinity Reference 6 1/2's in the front. Its all being used on the stock system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 2007 PIONEER PREMIER TS-SW841D 8" 500W Sub, Infinity Kappas 6 1/2 in the rear and Infinity Reference 6 1/2's in the front. Its all being used on the stock system.
What Amp's you have powering all those? Did you intall yourself? Or are they all powered by the stock Amp?

I'm starting to build my audio system. All stock atm except I've installed my Boston Pro60's in the doors, still powered by the stock amp. Planning on installing my Rockford Power t5002 amp for my two 10" Diamond D4's Subs and my Rockford Power 41s amp to power my Pro60's. Debating wether i should keep the stock deck or insall (or sell) my Premier P880PRS.

All gear I ripped out of my Jetta before trading it in for the Civic.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Great idea for a thread! I've been playing with the adjustments on the stock Si system and still fiddling. Nice to see what others are using so I can try other settings.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great idea for a thread! I've been playing with the adjustments on the stock Si system and still fiddling. Nice to see what others are using so I can try other settings.
Thanks so far Brazillian guy's settings sound the best:thumb:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I usually run:
Sub +3, Bass +3, Treb +2, F2, C, SVC-> Mid

Find with the Front fader on F2 evens out the extra power of the Sub w/o sacrifice to the overall "experience" . . . ;)

Listen to mostly Rock, Metal, and other stuff . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts