8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Long time, no browse my friends :)

Ive had my 07 civic ex since late 2006 and Im BARELY starting to have this problem just recently (past month).... its annoying af.... i havent even bothered using the radio much lately and just use my phones speaker for music.

Thought it was just mine, and checked the right site to see this has happened to others....

I think this is finally the reason i needed to get an aftermarket HU that ive been wanting for years, lol.

What a CREEPY problem. Its so annoying as hell, especially during a good song :'(

·
Registered
582 Posts
Craaaap my 07 Si is starting to do this. I HATE IT!

Which grounds should I tighten before the last resort of getting a new head unit?

Where are the grounds lol. The only one I know is on the drivers side behind the left headlight kind of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a fix for this. It's a simple repair if you know how to solder circuit boards and doesn't involve the radio itself. The difficulty comes in removing the section of the dash that holds the radio and and control assembly. It's about a two-hour job.
Having the same problem here. Can you or somebody explain please which part i have to solder?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
478 Posts
Don't you love posts like that, provides everything but the actual information.

I would suggest that once you get the board out would be to reheat all the solder joints, and you have to be very careful around the SMD components because solder is the only thing that holds them to the board, and they tend to have very fine pitch leads which solder can clog up if your not careful. Considering the time involved it could be cheaper to just get the a used bezel unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The stereo changes its input by itself, like from Fm to Am to AUX to CD and then back and forth, all by itself its weird, does it when im standing still does it when i drive, when i turn the wheel and then i can go days without it happening, i hate it lol
i'm having the same issue with my 2007 honda crv - stock stereo - switches from am to fm to cd randomly - there seems to be no pattern , no rhyme or reason. its very frustrating. now there seems to be a high pitched noise and no stereo sound - also happens randomly - this is incredibly frustrating. i've read in other forums it i not related to the speakers - replacing the stereo does not fix it either - so what is the cause and fix for this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Replace stereo with aftermarket, it's a ten year old stereo
Capacitors inside the stereo dry out over time and can cause anomalies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 07 Civic SI is starting to do this.

At 1st the volume would go down to zero when I turned the headlights on and the volume would stay on when headlights where off.

I had a loose positive post on the battery terminal and had it tightened.

That solved the headlight/volume issue but now it just randomly jumps from radio to radio station.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solder repair.

My 07 Civic EX had the radio switching itself between am-fm-aux. Tried to resolder the power transistors, the solder contacts looked suspect, but it didn't solve the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having same issue, radio changing inputs and sometimes turning off, thrn if i switch it off and on again it will then work properly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys and gals, Im having a bit of an issue with my stereo and wondered if anyone here has had the same thing happen to them. My stock stereo seems to have a mind of its own, changing from all the inputs back and forth for a while now and it only does it sometimes, its really annoying and would like to rectify the issue if possible. I seem to think it may be the Steering wheel switch assy for the audio?
I am also having the same issue! It only happens sometimes, but it's very irritating! I assume it's some kind of loose wiring, but have no idea how to fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys and gals, Im having a bit of an issue with my stereo and wondered if anyone here has had the same thing happen to them. My stock stereo seems to have a mind of its own, changing from all the inputs back and forth for a while now and it only does it sometimes, its really annoying and would like to rectify the issue if possible. I seem to think it may be the Steering wheel switch assy for the audio?
How did you fix it

·
Registered
153 Posts
All this time I thought I was the only one. Mine has been doing this for awhile now; cycles through the AM/FM channels by itself, and backlight for the display will flicker/dim on its own. That and the CD player doesn't work, just likes to eat the CD's (I'd guess its the gear that pulls/pushes the CD out has broke). I took it out two weeks ago and disconnected everything; helped a bit with the channel cycling. Still likes to do things by itself every once in a while. I'd ultimately just assume that it's wear and tear/design flaw somewhere that can't be fixed without a replacement.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts