8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys, hoping someone could help me out.

I absolutely hate the stock si steering wheel. Wondering if any older OEM steering wheels (w/airbag) would fit relatively easily? Like ep3/dc5/rsx one. Just something simple, ergonomic with no buttons in the way. Thanks

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I just grabbed this from my storage unit. I plan on swapping it within the next few weeks. It’s pretty similar, I enjoy the subtle differences.
32285648-A52B-48E2-842F-855859794E22.jpeg

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
This one is from an FN1 (UK Civic type-s)
Your stock airbag mounts to it. It’s an option.
They pop up on eBay every now and then. I hand-stitched it red myself. It’s pretty easy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one is from an FN1 (UK Civic type-s)
Your stock airbag mounts to it. It’s an option.
They pop up on eBay every now and then. I hand-stitched it red myself. It’s pretty easy.
Ahhh I see didn't even consider the UK ones, thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing anything from 8th gen should bolt up, hopefully. I was originally trying to do an ep3/rsx wheel but that didn't work out.

On a side note, I was at the junk yard yesterday and saw some '08 steering wheels. Looks kinda funky but the grooves and button placements were way more comfortable. Might pull one someday and test it out.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The 06-08 FA1 steering wheels are definitely an acquired taste.
I believe after 2008 that all came with the same wheel as the coupes.
I have a 2007 FA1 as well as a 2008 FA5.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
Yep, mine came with the 2 spoke steering wheel (with voice and "back" button). I hated it. I was lucky to found an Si wheel (with the same buttons) and it was plug and play (except the airbag harness, I had to lightly shave it to click on). These steering wheels are (with the buttons) hard to find. I've seen some people install a 10th gen steering wheel. Apparently it isn't too difficult to install if remember serves.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I have two or three sets of audio and cruise controls for the three spoke wheels. I have one extra set with that and hands free.
My wheel has a fourth see if buttons (i, and sel reset) I don’t know what the “i” button would do though.
I’m not a fan of the tenth gen wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts