8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
That wheel looks identical to an Si wheel (also honda fit and overseas Civics). I installed an Si wheel years ago and the airbag physically fit, but the plug was SLIGHTLY different (a little trimming of the harness was all it took). If I had some extra scratch, I'd totally get one (on a "regular EX sedan", LOL, call me stupid..........) but without the red stitching.

I checked their facebook page and someone asked the same question you have but there was no answer. Anyway, no one else is offering an item like this, so I would take the plunge. Chances are the button/airbag connectors MIGHT be slightly different, but that shouldn't be terribly difficult (get help at an install shop worse case scenario).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you so much bro. Yeah it's inly going to a EX civic but in trying to do something to make me love my civic again. I don't want to buy a new car which I have been soooo tempted with all these cool cars coming out. So next best alternative is to find ways to fall in love with my car again. I will let a shop definitely do this, just wondering if they will be willing to do some modding to the harnest just in case it doesn't fully fit. If I buy it I will let you guys know for sure how it turns out.

·
Registered
526 Posts
So this thread is a little difficult to follow because all of the pics are gone, but it's a guy attempting to install a J's Racing steering wheel.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/inside-out/233396-odyssey-js-racing-steering-wheel.html

Here's a link to the steering wheel he's talking about.

https://www.nengun.com/js-racing/sports-steering-wheel

Similar to that steering wheel you are looking at, they look pretty similar to stock but the guy in the J's Racing steering wheel thread had a whole host of compatibility issues. He did get it to fit though. I think there quite a few small differences between the USDM and JDM steering wheels. Just a word of warning.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Thank you so much bro. Yeah it's inly going to a EX civic but in trying to do something to make me love my civic again. I don't want to buy a new car which I have been soooo tempted with all these cool cars coming out. So next best alternative is to find ways to fall in love with my car again. I will let a shop definitely do this, just wondering if they will be willing to do some modding to the harnest just in case it doesn't fully fit. If I buy it I will let you guys know for sure how it turns out.
To be sure to find a shop that is willing to do the work. Some shops won't touch your ride unless you buy (xyz, remote starter, tint, radio, etc) from them. Call around. OR, you can try yourself. Taking the wheel off isn't too bad. Be sure to get the right tool.

So this thread is a little difficult to follow because all of the pics are gone, .
Pics are still there for me. Use Chrome with the "photobucket embed fix" extension. It continues to work for me.

Good luck burniksapwet! I am really tempted to do this, but like I said, I lack the funds (plus I have a TON of mods that I haven't gotten to yet).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Pics are still there for me. Use Chrome with the "photobucket embed fix" extension. It continues to work for me.
Dude you're a legend! I used the Chrome extension and everything is still there! This is a pretty awesome find as most of the older threads used exclusively photobucket hosting.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
For those wondering what this wheel looks like:

To the OP (or anyone who installed one), please share pics/experience (how to install, etc..).

If I were single, I'd get one, LOL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dude you're a legend! I used the Chrome extension and everything is still there! This is a pretty awesome find as most of the older threads used exclusively photobucket hosting.
OMG that Chrome extension rocks - thank you for that info!!!!!!!! Sorry don't have anything to contribute on the fitment, but love the steering wheel with the flat bottom!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts