8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Gen 8ers.

I need some help, ideas, suggestions or item for my steering wheel. Then "leather" on the steering wheel has ran its course and its falling apart now. I want to know of any good ideas of fixing or whatever to continue using that one in have. I know replacement is an option, but very expensive and I've looked at steering wheel covers and they're too bulky and don't have the same feel and look..

Thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the cheapest option would be to try and get a steering wheel from a junk yard. You might be able to find one that is in good condition.

The other option would be too rewrap the wheel. Redlinegoods makes them and have lots of customization options. For an extra fifty they will also install it for you because you have to do the stitching your self and its not the easiest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feedback. I did look into Redline and I wasn't crazy on the look afterwards, but it's a close option to a new wheel. I also tried the Junk yard, but have not found a wheel yet.
Thanks again 🤙

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your feedback. I did look into Redline and I wasn't crazy on the look afterwards, but it's a close option to a new wheel. I also tried the Junk yard, but have not found a wheel yet.
Thanks again 🤙

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Try looking aliexpress/ebay about a leather steering wheel wrap. The one I got allowed me to choose the color of the stitching. If not, no worries, the kit normally comes with the stitch (usually red or some other color) apart. You can head to a Walmart or handycraft store that sells you the string/stitch (whatever its called), choose the color you want and length. It's cheap. Anyway, I choose light brown and matches my interior, I can't wait to install it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks brother the tips and I will be looking into it as I need to do something with it. Good luck with your install also. 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts