8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is a repost, but is it possible to put the steering wheel audio conrtols from an EX onto an LX. You probably would need to buy a new wheel because the one on the LX has that stuff in there. Does anyone know if it is possible...and if the wires are easily done?

· Registered
909 Posts
I'm sure it's possible. I put steering wheel controls into my non-steering wheel control equipped '02 Intrepid by adding the controls themselves and changing the 5-wire clockspring to a 7 wire clockspring.

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im am seriously considering this, I took a couple pictures of the harnesses that I think might be for the controls. Heres the first one, sorry about quality its really tight so you have to be really close to it. This is like under the steering wheel and all the way over by the radio.

This is in the same general area. Just higher up. This has a bunch of places for harnesses.

If anyone with an EX or SI can confirm that they do have something else connected to the connectors I would love it.

At first, I thought I might need a whole new steering wheel to do this. But after inpecting the wheel pretty closely, I think this might be a fairly simple mod. AHAHAH yes.

· Registered
909 Posts
Sure looks like the part for cruise and audio is about $100US. I wonder if there's a harness there, and I wonder if you need anything else besides the switch assembly for cruise control & audio controls to work?

· Registered
28 Posts
elementofhoops said:
nah...its about 60 i think. I looked at honda parts deals.
Can you post a link to the part?

Thanks

Edit:

Found it:

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hon...slsareacd=KA&hp_system=F&hp_component=B++3110

I think this project may be possible, but here in Venezuela is impossible to get this part. If someone have the guts to disassembly the steering wheel and find where to connect this part:

36770-SNA-A11 002 SWITCH ASSY., AUTO CRUISE & AUDIO REMOTE

it would be great.

· Registered
66 Posts
elementofhoops said:
thats exactly what Im going to do... After i hard wire my ipod. and after my soccer team wins states!!! HAHAH But I will definitely get around to doing this.
holy!!

this project is wut I've been waiting for !!

I thought it was ganna be very expensive mod, now it looks I could be wrong!

I have a LX sedan and been thinking about adding the Audio control on steering
for the 1st day I got my LX !!!

anwayz, hope to hear u guy's news on the project !

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.