8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like ill turn into a parking space or pullin out of my drive and itll pop here and there but only at low speeds

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Do you turn your steering wheel left to right and it pops?
Mine does that too. It started happening after I installed my lowering springs with oem shocks, once I get my new suspension in and it still does it I am taking it into the dealership.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Does it do like a "pop,pop,pop,pop,pop" as you turn? I have the exact same problem and I know it's my freakin' axles but I'm not 100% sure...
Do you turn your steering wheel left to right and it pops?
Mine does that too. It started happening after I installed my lowering springs with oem shocks, once I get my new suspension in and it still does it I am taking it into the dealership.
My suspension is stock, all I have is a strut bar but it started doing that like after a couple weeks outta the dealer... (I have an R18 too btw)

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
mine pops when i wheel hop. only on the right side. and also if i turn all the way to the left or right it will pop once when i start to turn back, almost as if it was in a bind.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
mine pops when i wheel hop. only on the right side. and also if i turn all the way to the left or right it will pop once when i start to turn back, almost as if it was in a bind.
My, our problem seems to be when we turn the wheels till they lock on a stand still, not in motion.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya mine only does it a few times......im linkin it to my tendency to bark second....

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
my car makes a popping sound when i turn it off. I think its from my short shifter though which might be installed too tight

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
my car does that too. I had Comptech springs on stock struts. then i bought new skunk2 shocks and reinstalled the springs and it STILL pops. Anyone have any idea what's causing this??

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm..wrong section (you posted in the si section)

but what kind of popping? is it like not loud and kinda constant..or just one kinda loud one
the reason for the si section is bc i have an si and who better to tell me if they have the same problem other than someone who owns the same car as i do.....but otherwise the popping is here and there and its not to loud but lout enough for me to figure out what it is

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If anyone has ever had bad axles on a FWD then you know what sound it is. That's the sound that mine make. I'm gonna try to record the sound and post it here...

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
So is it our suspensions or the axles?

Mine started happening after I installed my springs and winter came around, it only happens at slow speeds too.

I'm taking mine into the dealership as soon as i get my hfp suspension installed. That way they can't blame it on my aftermarket springs.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
So is it our suspensions or the axles?

Mine started happening after I installed my springs and winter came around, it only happens at slow speeds too.

I'm taking mine into the dealership as soon as i get my hfp suspension installed. That way they can't blame it on my aftermarket springs.
My educated guess is the axles because I have experienced bad axles before on my last car and it was the exact same noise...

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
My car only has 16,000 miles on it, how can the axles go bad?
I don't even beat on my car, I've launched maybe just a handful of times since I've had it. Never been to the drag strip or track either. Just my daily driver.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts