8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling out of my driveway when all of a sudden the steering wheel indicator with a (!) came out on the dash. i cant turn my wheels at all and the dealer closes in less than an hour. anybody ever experienced this? i had to push the car back into my driveway since the steering has no response.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Wow that's weird when the car is in motion. The first time it locked for me I was freaking out cuz everything was locked. I unlocked it by pulling down the lever for adjusting the steering wheel column.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the steering wheel moves slightly but doesn't want to turn the wheels completely. i think the electric power steering stopped working.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that light means there is an electric power steering problem. Your steering probably isn't "locked", you probably just don't have any assist. You'd be surprised how hard the wheel is to turn with no assist.
dude no joke, the steering is hard as fawkk

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
dude no joke, the steering is hard as fawkk
Lol, yeah my friend had a Firebird that had the power steering go out. It felt like the front tires were stuck in concrete or something when I tried to turn the wheel.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tried turning the wheels as i turned on the car 4 times and no dice. the EPS symbol keeps coming on. i just put new wheels and tires on the car 3 weeks ago, might this be to blame? or something with the tpms?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I doubt the wheels and tires have anything to do with it, unless they're crazy wide tires that overloaded the EPS motor or something like that, but it seems unlikely IMO.
no they not aggressive at all. 18x7.5 with 225/40/18 tires

Just curious. What year is your car and how many miles??
its a 2008 FA5 with a 27,7xx miles on her

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the car is still not drivable and honda doesnt offer loaner cars? i called norm reeves honda in southern california and they told me they dont do loaner cars and that it was a honda thing. is this true?

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
so the car is still not drivable and honda doesnt offer loaner cars? i called norm reeves honda in southern california and they told me they dont do loaner cars and that it was a honda thing. is this true?
Yeah usually only the luxury car makers like BMW/Acura/Lexus/Infiniti/Mercedes/ect. offer loaner cars because they don't want their customers to have to ride around in "inferior" rental cars (rental companies usually don't offer luxury cars). I guess the regular car companies figure you can find something roughly comparable in a rental car, so they usually don't bother with loaner cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah usually only the luxury car makers like BMW/Acura/Lexus/Infiniti/Mercedes/ect. offer loaner cars because they don't want their customers to have to ride around in "inferior" rental cars (rental companies usually don't offer luxury cars). I guess the regular car companies figure you can find something roughly comparable in a rental car, so they usually don't bother with loaner cars.
wow where are you from in new york even kia offers loaner cars. Every time my car was in the dealership I got a accord or an element

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
Most of the dealers here have loaners and its usual a pretty nice car. I had a 08 Accord V6 M/T loaded when my transmisson got rebuilt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts