8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have found the radiator hose type i would like. its stainless steel but i cant find it at any of the parts stores around town. do you know of anywhere i could buy one.(except online)? did you guys have luck at a big chain type auto parts store or was it a mom and pop store or was it online? thanks

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i came to find out that the best prices you will get is online...especially specialty parts like that....the chances of a big chain store/mom and pop store having anyhting you want is slim. they are most likely not a distributor for those brands. only if you have a tuner/improt performance shop near you will you find a good price or the parts you want.

BTW...i have never seen this SS radiator hose...where did you hear of it or see it?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
i came to find out that the best prices you will get is online...especially specialty parts like that....the chances of a big chain store/mom and pop store having anyhting you want is slim. they are most likely not a distributor for those brands. only if you have a tuner/improt performance shop near you will you find a good price or the parts you want.

BTW...i have never seen this SS radiator hose...where did you hear of it or see it?
sweet.here is the link online.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10002_755208_-1

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did not think that it was that speciality. its just a damn steel hose. we have an import shop and i will call them and see whats up.my spacer and gaskets come in today so since i procrastinated i guess it wont be going on.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
well...being that is it stainless steel it probobly makes it much harder to find.

nevermind...i see what you are talking about now.

but i have still never seen it in a shop near me...best bet is to order it online...you'd proboyl get teh best price.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what size do i need. 1 1/4 right?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thnx. well i did not find a stainless steel one but i did find a rubber one at advanced auto. it will work the same and look more oem. thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its too short and will touch my cai. this one is longer and will make room for the intake.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You guys aren't seeing this right. These SS hoses are sleeves that go over your rubber hoses. The length will stay the same since the SS hose just go over your rubber hose.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aperezhome said:
You guys aren't seeing this right. These SS hoses are sleeves that go over your rubber hoses. The length will stay the same since the SS hose just go over your rubber hose.

maybe i am not understanding you but my cai is almost touching my radiator hose. when i put the spacer and gaskets on it will push the cai into the radiator hose. now i got a different hose that is longer so it wont touch. this is what jegs description is. "These mix and match flexible fluid transfer systems not only create a unique look for air and fluid lines, but they also aid in cooling and withstand vibration." i take that as they replace the hoses not cover them up.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
already got a hose. i dont know if its a flexikool but its gonna work. hopefully.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
thnx. well i did not find a stainless steel one but i did find a rubber one at advanced auto. it will work the same and look more oem. thanks for everyones help
Sounds like you got the rubber hose that has the coil spring inside. You'll probably find that over time you will need to replace it with the SS radiator hose that does not kink at the connection points. :thumb:

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
aperezhome said:
They are actually replacement hoses and not sleeves. The SS hoses do however come with rubber sleeves (one inner and one outter) to install on each side. You just can't use the end covers since there is no room.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
blueroadster said:
Sounds like you got the rubber hose that has the coil spring inside. You'll probably find that over time you will need to replace it with the SS radiator hose that does not kink at the connection points. :thumb:
yeah that what i got. i will probably change it out eventually but i thought the coil inside would keep it from kinking

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
yeah that what i got. i will probably change it out eventually but i thought the coil inside would keep it from kinking
It does, but you may just want to keep an eye on the connection points where the spring on the inside ends. The hose on mine was binding a little on one side and I decided to replace it with the SS hose.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts