8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, im in quite a dilema because i can't decide whether to stay with my Injen CAI with apexi filter or switch to the new AEM CAI. Ive been reading alot on the new AEM and i like the route they took with fixing the afr problem by adding the coupler with veins. I'm not quite sure its really worth the switch. Those that have the new AEM intake def chime in on this. As for the rest of you please give me your thoughts as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I took my CAI off and put in a SRI because I wanted better driveability around town but if I ever did want to go back to a CAI I would definitely get the AEM v2 CAI with the veins.

Since you still have the Injen just stick with it if you have the basic bolt ons, if your are boosted or have cams then you should worry more about your AFR and get the AEM.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my CAI off and put in a SRI because I wanted better driveability around town but if I ever did want to go back to a CAI I would definitely get the AEM v2 CAI with the veins.

Since you still have the Injen just stick with it if you are all motor, if your are boosted or have cams then you should worry more about your AFR and get the AEM.
I have the vibrant catback and vibrant headers w/ hfc waiting to go on once the car is out of storage for the winter, thats why im considering the switch really.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Then just keep the intake you have now, or sell it and use that money to get the aem intake. Doesn't really matter either way I say...

·
Registered
390 Posts
They are the same dont buy into the hype veins might make a slight difference as far afr but not power and you already have a cai use the money on tbs or pulleys or reflash or something

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i wish someone would just dyno the two and show the difference, that would make my decision so much easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have been researching about these two for a while now and I finally made my decision and I just ordered the new aem cai. I also read that honda does recommend aem so dont take my word take theirs.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
AEM dosent have a dyno on their site?
Yes they do.
dude stay with the injen you'll be sorry later if u go with aem
How is that?
yea those veins arent **** dude your injen is tuned too and puts better hp out
Care to elaborate? Seems you know something that the Honda designers don't. Please fill the rest of the world in.

Dude, (OP) get the revised AEM. You won't be sorry. I have had it for 2 months with no problems what so ever. Unless someone has some concrete evidence that the veins hurt performance I would steer clear of the haters comments.

·
Registered
564 Posts
yo frank, stick with the injen. until someone shows an afr dyno showing a significant difference between the two, why go through the trouble of switching out the two haha

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
what did changing to the apexi filter do for u? what was wrong with the injen filter that came with the intake?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
dude stay with the injen you'll be sorry later if u go with aem
Why would he be sorry if he went AEM?

I have the original AEM CAI and I have no problems or regrets picking the AEM over the Injen. I had mine for 18K miles now and I never had a CEL come on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts