8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went there today to buy a Ridgeline for my dad (he's 72, too old to go to the dealership himself).

I negotiate a deal (about 8100 off, including 4500 of factory cash discount, 1000 dollar "honda loyalty" discount, and another couple grand off for good old fashioned back and forth negotiation.

Anyway, I put down the 500$ deposit, then go to the Business Manager's office to sign the bill of sale.

We go through the various stealership options (declined all of them), then proceeded to read and sign the bill of sale. So far so good.

The business manager takes all copies of the bill of sale to the new sales manager for his signature, then hands me my copy (folded).

I leave the dealership, get in the car to drive home (my brother was driving). We stopped at Subway for lunch, when I looked at the bill of sale - the manager had written in "full amount paid by certified funds by monday febuary 2 2009" AFTER I had signed it, without mentioning it, pointing it out, or otherwise informing me.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off and called the dealer back. Got some song and dance about how it's the end of the month, the factory discounts may not be available after monday, the only way to guarantee the discounts is to pay in full by monday, etc. etc.

I was very unimpressed and told them that under no circumstances was I prepared to pay the remaining money until taking delivery of the car.

I'm also calling Honda Canada ASAP Monday morning to get their take on the situation, and probably also OMVIC and the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Affairs (if they're still called that tongue.gif) and the Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce for Mississauga.

The worst part in this arrangement is that the salesperson was really good, it's the management that stinks at Mississauga Honda.

I strongly recommend everyone avoid that dealership at all costs.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
what was ur agreement as to when u will make the payment and take delivery?

I've never heard of this situation before. I got my car from them and experienced great service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what was ur agreement as to when u will make the payment and take delivery?

I've never heard of this situation before. I got my car from them and experienced great service.

My agreement was 500 down today, remaining cash on delivery. Delivery is sometime this week, whenever the car is in and ready.

The manager added the "full payment on monday" stuff to the bill of sale after I had signed it without getting my consent.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
People gotta do there research before buying from these dirty dealerships.

I have had enough of Honda in general. All the dealerships think that its a Honda if you dont buy it someone else will.

I hope others read what happened here and get to understand that first off, with the issues with the economy at the moment you can get a brand new vehicle from any american car company (Chrysler/GM/Ford) for half the damn price of a damn Honda. Brainwashed people in Ontario who think that Honda is the greatest car in the world. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!! Go grab a brand new Dodge ram for over $10,000 cheaper with more options all leather heated seats 5yr waranty and all that good stuff. Dont go spend more for less. Wether you want to believe it or not Honda's last just as long as all the other companies, and they sell them in Ontario for way more then the car is worth.

Good Luck with your Honda experience. Ill never buy another !!!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
People gotta do there research before buying from these dirty dealerships.

I have had enough of Honda in general. All the dealerships think that its a Honda if you dont buy it someone else will.

I hope others read what happened here and get to understand that first off, with the issues with the economy at the moment you can get a brand new vehicle from any american car company (Chrysler/GM/Ford) for half the damn price of a damn Honda. Brainwashed people in Ontario who think that Honda is the greatest car in the world. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!! Go grab a brand new Dodge ram for over $10,000 cheaper with more options all leather heated seats 5yr waranty and all that good stuff. Dont go spend more for less. Wether you want to believe it or not Honda's last just as long as all the other companies, and they sell them in Ontario for way more then the car is worth.

Good Luck with your Honda experience. Ill never buy another !!!
last time i checked it was gm/chrysler/ford who needed tax payer cash to stay in business....not honda. come to think of it, the reason their pos cars are selling with deep discounts is cuz nobody wants to buy them.

all dealerships are more or less the same. i have had an awesome experience with mississagua honda so an isolated incident like this one doesnt change ****.

honda ftmfw

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
selling like hotcakes? not quite.

Downsview Park(ing lot)

although, i do agree with lee that our cars are a bit overpriced. but i ain't complaining cause i'll be banking on our resale value later :D

but yeah, MISSISSAUGA HONDA FTMFL. sorry sal, they really DO suck.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
last time i checked it was gm/chrysler/ford who needed tax payer cash to stay in business....not honda. come to think of it, the reason their pos cars are selling with deep discounts is cuz nobody wants to buy them.

all dealerships are more or less the same. i have had an awesome experience with mississagua honda so an isolated incident like this one doesnt change ****.

honda ftmfw
Honda doesnt need money as they have brain washed the consumers to buy there vehicles no matter what. They could raise the price even more and they would still sell. The big 3 are losing money not just because there cars aint selling but because 75% of there employees are 50+ and have been working here since they were teens. They all are making more then new kids working at Honda. Honda vehicles are overpriced .. and resale value ?? I can tell you one thing resale on an SI is alot lower then a dx model. Used Si models sell for the same price as a used DX. Resale on a Civic is good but not great maybe in 10 yrs the resale will be good for what it is compared to other cars but at the moment its crap. Dont get me wrong GM/Ford/Chrysler does not have cars that really apeal to alot of people. Chrysler I think has the nicest of the 3. I just think that most Canadians are brainwashed. The people that are buying the Civic in the states are getting good deals with more options we are getting screwed for the same vehicle and its built here.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the big three's pay is the same as there japanese counterparts.

nothing is wrong with the civic. it is a cheap car that people finishing school that are single, no kids.

u have no KM on your charger, wait until u have a claim, like the power window stuck during a rainstorm.

resale value. people are looking into fuel effiencent cars, not 200hp cars. the Si is terrible on gas compared to it the r18.
you sold your civic after the first year of ownership. you loose the most amount of money in the first year.
if you kept your civic for 3 more years you would have got very good resale value, unlike a 3 year DX.

the person that bought ur car got a wicked deal on a Si. i had my STi for sale for about 7 months waiting for the right price, and i did get asking price.

big three are loosing money because of pour engineering, terrible fuel economy.

also the US buys alot more cars than canada. in two hours at TMMC were they build the corolla and matrix, they build about 100 cars. only 12-18 of those cars are canadian.

price and demand.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

nothing is wrong with the civic. it is a cheap car that people finishing school that are single, no kids.

u have no KM on your charger, wait until u have a claim, like the power window stuck during a rainstorm.

resale value. people are looking into fuel effiencent cars, not 200hp cars. the Si is terrible on gas compared to it the r18.
you sold your civic after the first year of ownership. you loose the most amount of money in the first year.
if you kept your civic for 3 more years you would have got very good resale value, unlike a 3 year DX.

the person that bought ur car got a wicked deal on a Si. i had my STi for sale for about 7 months waiting for the right price, and i did get asking price.

also the US buys alot more cars than canada. in two hours at TMMC were they build the corolla and matrix, they build about 100 cars. only 12-18 of those cars are canadian.

price and demand.

just on that...I don't think its poor engineering that is hurting the big three. it is poor management skills. People can argue to no end how well german and japanese cars are engineered without ever realizing North America has some pretty bright people working on their cars as well.

It's cost cutting and manufacturing process that is hurting the efficiency of car production within these companies...not because they are inferior vehicles. Case in point, the cobalt SS is a remarkably engineered car. Where was honda on that one?

Hate to break it to all the Honda die hard fans but Honda is just as much of an ******* as any north american car company...they are just smart about where they screw over the customers. Thats all.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
guys, you have to remember that you're selling cars at the worst time due to our economy. people are being laid off. jobs are at stake. people are holding onto their dollar tighter and tighter because it's so uncertain out there. i honestly think if lee sold his Si at a different time he would've gotten the money he deserved from it. and yes, whoever got his Si got a steal.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

price and demand.
Cheap car ? $27,000 for a Honda Civic is not cheap. Give me another vehicle in its class that sells for that amount before taxes other then the VW GTI and atleaat it has alot of standard things that bring it to that amount...ie leather.

The Civic DX models are relatively the same price as the higher end SS model Cobalt / SRT4 / Focus RS or what ever that thing is called now even the Sentra Spec V or the Coralla S. For the price and what you get the Civic is a very expensive car.

I also highly doubt that Ford or GM is paying the same as the Japanese companies. Starting pay may be the same but when your talking about people that have been with those companies over 30yrs or more I can garantee they are not paying the same wages to the people that have been with GM for 30yrs compared to the people that have been with Honda for 10yrs.

While I agree that its not a good time to sell your car I can tell you that a 2005 Acura RSX type S will go for more then a 2006 Civic Si with less kms.

I can tell you that I joined a Charger forum and there cars are still running well over 200,000 kms.. strong. No tranny problems no engine issues.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I agree, however I personally dont think the Charger is the best car in the world.. I like the car its nice for the price I got it for. I wish I had the money for something else. But going from a Civic I know what I had. The Charger is not a fun car like the Civic was but it serves its purpose. Im just saying for what the Civic was it was too much. :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts