8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get out of my car, allot of the time, I get a little electrical shock, I guess my baby doesn't like it when I exit my car.

Does anyone else get this? What can be done to get rid of this?

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
i had this in my older civic...the only thing i could think of is that i had a sub and amp in there and i only seemed to notice it when i got out of it, never getting in the car, so it made me wonder if there was a problem there. it never really bothered me so much but enough to notice.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
same thing with me...
too much grounding maybe???
since i got pnp HID and subs
or it could just be the change in weather???

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Sexy6Speed said:
i had this in my older civic...the only thing i could think of is that i had a sub and amp in there and i only seemed to notice it when i got out of it, never getting in the car, so it made me wonder if there was a problem there. it never really bothered me so much but enough to notice.
There is a thread on this already.

Anyway, it happens mostly in the wintertime because the air is dryer than in the summer time. You can touch your key to the metal part of your door so the charge would go thru the key first instead of youre finger. Sometimes i still feel it thru the key and even then it hurts... so i cant even imagin how much it would hurt if i didnt use the key. I'm not sure if the electricity would mess up the key fob. I used the key technique in a 1990 camry so there was no key fob.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
just like i thought its affected by the weather...but i couldnt remeber where i heard it from...so couldnt be sure

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
it could also be casue by the humidity...
thats why computers are mad in cali
so they dont get static shocks and fry the mother boards when making them

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
This has happened on my last few vehicles. I'm used to hitting the top of the window frame with the back of my hand. (it hurts the least.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.