8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're like me, during the winter months, you hate being shocked every time you get out of your car. I bought a $2 can of Static Guard and sprayed the cloth in my car (seats, headrests, floormats, etc.), then left the windows cracked for about 4 hours. If you don't crack your windows, the smell is horrid. Now, no matter what I'm wearing, or how badly I slide my ass on the seats when I get out of my car, I don't get shocked.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
'Just say no' to butt-shock

CameronJr9, you have single-handedly saved me a WHOLE lot of anger and frustration. I've been feeling like the guy in Office Space for far too long.

I'm going buy some right this minute. Thanks!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thank you.. I was thinking maybe it was just the car..since this will be my first winter with a car (I'm 16) I havnt exactly gone through the whole shocking thing before I guess.. but everytime I get out of the car.. I touch the door and its a pretty bad shock and it scares the hell outta me lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Every TIME I get out of my Civic it shocks my ass! I feel like Honda did it on purpose just to make people angry. I will be doing this as soon as I get the chance. In fact I may even do this to the inside of my jacket because I have to touch something every time I take it off so I don't get a surprise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ballplaya4237 said:
Thank you.. I was thinking maybe it was just the car..since this will be my first winter with a car (I'm 16) I havnt exactly gone through the whole shocking thing before I guess.. but everytime I get out of the car.. I touch the door and its a pretty bad shock and it scares the hell outta me lol
haha, yeah it used to scare my too, it happened to me when i would get out of my mom's accord. i havent had a winter with my civic yet, but this is good info to know. thanks! (i never used to egt shocked in my celica... or i never noticed it for the 3 years i owned it )

·
Banned
44 Posts
great thread!!!! Never thought to use that stuff. My wife uses it all the time on her dresses to prevent it. and to think it was sitting on my shelf all that time!!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
THANKS, my accord shocks the hell out of me, I need some of this. So I just look for static guard? is it in like the ironing section and stuff? or where do i find this?

·
Registered
579 Posts
static shock?

I wasn't aware there was such thing as static gaurd : P

Anyway, I've always used the ghetto way haha. So when you turn off your car and open the door to get out, keep holding your key (by the metal part). Just touch your key to any metal part of the car door and then it'll relieve that static that got built up.

If you're too lazy to get some of that spray, this is a pretty easy way that's also easy to get used to.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
taejinah said:

Anyway, I've always used the ghetto way haha. So when you turn off your car and open the door to get out, keep holding your key (by the metal part). Just touch your key to any metal part of the car door and then it'll relieve that static that got built up.

If you're too lazy to get some of that spray, this is a pretty easy way that's also easy to get used to.
Hmm. I'll have to try that. The Static Guard has worn off and I don't feel like getting another can.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
That's also good for safety. I know it is pretty rare, but a built up static charge could ignite gasoline when you are filling up at the pump. Think of it as an added bonus when you apply Static Guard.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/static.asp

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
taejinah said:

The static was so built up in my old Camry that even when i did the key thing, i still felt it in my finger tips and my chest when the spark sparked

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
asndragonboii said:
wtf... i just quoted myself thinking it was somebody else. I dont even remmeber posting that
You're freaking me out man.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts