8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bsramzy said:
just the clutch, but if ur talking about the "e-brake" i would leave that up until ur ready to hit the road

ok, yeah thats how i figured. thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
If you are on a flat surface, just push the clutch in to start. If you are an incline, push the clutch in and use the brake pedal.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I always press the brake out of habit because of my days with automatic cars but pressing the brake never hurt anyone

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i usually put my key onto II (guages and fans come on) and leave it there for a second for the fuel pump to move fuel, then start it - kinda like you have to wait before you start a diesel

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you put it in II doesn't the oil light and all that come on? probably isn't moving anything

·
Registered
376 Posts
shutter13 said:
i usually put my key onto II (guages and fans come on) and leave it there for a second for the fuel pump to move fuel, then start it - kinda like you have to wait before you start a diesel
Every Honda I've had starts much better using this method. Not sure on the Si but, it's not a bad habit.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
thedamaja said:
Every Honda I've had starts much better using this method. Not sure on the Si but, it's not a bad habit.
this is my first honda and ive been using this method about half the time ive owned her and i feel like it helps.. you can actually hear the fuel pump start and then stop a second later..... if anyone has ever started a diesel, you'll know what im talking about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts