8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys... Since a couple of weeks my car has some problems... when i put the key in.. it takes a lot of times before he starts or he stalls. Have you had something strange like this happening to you yet? I have 6000 km's and did not make any oil change yet ( my appointment is next monday ) and here in Montreal we have cold and humid temperature........

Tanxs for your help !

·
Registered
342 Posts
If the car starts then quickly stalls depress the gas pedal to about 1/4 throttle. Then when the cars starts slowly release the pedal. I have not had this problem yet on my Civic, but the trick used to work on my 96 Accord (it would happen occasionally in wicked cold weather). I would say though if you are having this problem all the time then take it in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The weather has been very mild here for Winter so we have not started the car in very cold weather yet. Normally I would say the battery is at fault but it sounds like the car is cranking enough to turn over. Does it do it everytime you start it or does it go away once the engine has warmed up? Do you park the car in a garage? Have you made any modifications to the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts