8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a used 2008 Honda civic si coupe, and for some odd reason it occasionally doesn’t want to start. I’ve had a trusted mechanic replace my starter motor with one from pepboys, and I have an AEM fuel pump installed. There were 3 occasions when it didn't want to start.
1. When I got the car back after a week from having it painted.
2. After I drove it 20 miles, parked it, then came back to it 1 and a half hour later only for it to not start. I was able to push it to get it to turn over.
3. I was parked on a hill and it once again did not turn over. I rolled it down the hill and the engine began running without the sound of it turning over.
I asked another mechanic about it and he was a bit stumped and said he wouldn’t be able to diagnose it unless he sees it not starting. I’m fairly new to the car scene so any advice is helpful.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rebuilt or China starters are notorious for working just long enough to frustrate you. OEM or Mitsuba labeled starters only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebuilt or China starters are notorious for working just long enough to frustrate you. OEM or Mitsuba labeled starters only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I’ll be sure to look into buying an OEM starter asap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts