8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fundraiser she is working on, and here is her information below. I will be taking payments on her behalf and sending the money to St. Jude. Read Below:

MrsJrotax101 said:
We all know everyone here has a big heart for children. Look what we brought in for Toys-for-tots!!!

2008 Totals Dec 15th, 2008
Grand Total Of Donations And Toys Purchased W/Discount= $6,025.73
This time lets try and help some children who are dealing with things way before their ages.
They are battling cancer and many other horrible illnesses.
Let's help the children of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Brook and Kai
Age 2 and 3
Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor - Primitive neuroectodermal tumor

Here is some information about St. Jude Children's Research Hospital:

Since its inception, St. Jude has developed protocols that have helped bring survival rates for childhood cancer from less than 20 percent to more than 70 percent overall. Donations help to support St. Jude, which treats patients regardless of a family’s ability to pay. St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer center where families never pay for treatments that are not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay.

*St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital maintains 60 inpatient beds and treats about 230 patients each day. About 4,900 patients are in active status, most of whom are treated on an outpatient basis.

* In 1962, the survival rate for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), the most common form of childhood cancer, was 4 percent. Today, the survival rate for this once deadly disease is 94 percent thanks to research and treatment protocols developed at St. Jude.

* To treat a child with standard-risk ALL requires a 2 ½-year protocol at a cost of $500,000

* The daily operating cost for St Jude is nearly $1.3 million, which is primarily covered by public contributions.

* St. Jude operates the largest pediatric bone marrow transplant program in the world, that enables doctors to perform more than 185 transplants per year.

Diagnosis ----- 1962 rate ------ Current Survival Rate
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (cancer of the blood) – 4% - 94%
Hodgkin disease (cancer of the lymph system) - 50% – 90%
Retinoblastoma (cancer affecting eyes) - 75% - 95%
Neuroblastoma (tumor of peripheral nervous tissue) - 10% - 55%
Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) - 20% - 65%
Ewing Sarcoma (type of bone cancer) - 5% - 65%
Medulloblastoma (brain tumor) - 10% – 85%
Wilms tumor (kidney tumor) – 50% - 90%

Your donations help greatly, below is a list of things greatly needed and their costs:
ICU daily room rate - $2,727
One day of oxygen - $402
Physical therapy per hour - $332
Chest X-ray, one view - $125
Wigs - $75
Complete blood count - $50
Platelet count - $40

St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. No family ever pays for treatments not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay.

Let's show our 8thcivic spirit and donate now to help these children! All donations must be received by February 23rd, 2009.

Let's set the goal at $500 ..can we make it $1000?

Total Donations: $2247.02
We can do it!

I will be taking the donations on behalf of "MrsJrotax101" for this fundraiser. She is involved in their martial arts program, read here

MrsJrotax101 said:
I'm pledging to do 1000 kicks on Feb 21st
"$75 = a wig for one child"

Nothing will be kept back from the donations. Anything sent in will be forwarded directly to St Jude through 8thcivic's account. You can help her, and the hospital by clicking the link below and making donations via credit card or paypal.

I will try to keep an update to the totals as they come in each day.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
donated.. lets go guys n gals :)

·

10,863 Posts
Thank you Webby and thank you all for donating to this cause. Hopefully these donations will help this hospital in caring for these special children.

After adding the picture of little Kai above I found out that he had passed away from his illness. Rest in Peace little one. :sadface:

·
Registered
10,083 Posts
My boss at work lost his son too cancer and i believe with just a little more research that we are so close to actually having a cure. Please everyone, even if it's just a dollar any little donation counts. Let's hit a thousand for these guys and gals!

·

10,863 Posts
My boss at work lost his son too cancer and i believe with just a little more research that we are so close to actually having a cure. Please everyone, even if it's just a dollar any little donation counts. Let's hit a thousand for these guys and gals!
:( that's so sad! It's so horrible these kids and families have to deal with this. They should be out playing not stuck in a hospital with cancer!

Come on guys!:cheerleader:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Donated!!!

"ocho luvs the kidz"

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
:bump: buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump :bump:

every1 cant be all tapped out from toys for tots. give give give.
do it for the kiddies. and for Christina :woot:

thanks! :bighug:

1 - 20 of 315 Posts