8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to take a few video/sound clips of the header. I haven't had much luck in finding many myself. Actually, I've only seen one. So I figured I'd contribute for those curious.

SSR, EVO 2, Typhoon, and Hondata.

Enjoy!

I kinda missed going into second on this one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
cool

Awesome, thats the same set up I have on order. It seems that from inside the car the intake noise still predominates. Any dyno numbers? how much louder is it than the stock Si exhaust? how did the ssr header change the evo2's sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The EVO is the quietest aftermarket I've heard, but deeper than stock. Although that changed with the SSR. Even at lower RPM's, the EVO has gotten louder, but nothing ridiculous. IMO, I think this may be one of the quietest setup. Although I have been wondering what the Skunk2 would sound like. :biggrin:

Unless I was hearing things, the exhaust seemed to have changed in sound after Hondata too. And I got that before the header.

No dyno yet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've got the same setup as you, do you think installing a high flow cat in the test pipe section might give me back that deep sound the EVOII exhaust had before I added the SSR header. It's a little raspy and higher pitched for my astetic taste now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
don't mean to thread jack, but where can you buy a SSR Race Header or Hytech Race Header? I've been trying to search for one, but can't find one lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts