8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Came home today to check out the stuff I got. I'll withhold my final judgment until I see the heart of the kit (manifold and dp, which will be here Tues), but initial impression.. definitely glad I went with Mo/SRT. With all the stuff he includes in the kit, I thought for sure something would be missing... this guy nailed it. Everything is there, and every fabbed piece looks great. I'm incredibly picky and looked over every single weld I could find.. couldn't find a single thing I wasn't happy about. Thanks again Mo, you definitely take pride in your craftsmanship. :thumb:
Glad to hear that. Thanks.

Make sure to do a full build thread.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I'll put up pics as soon as you do bro :dance: Haha jk, I'll get some up soon

Glad to to hear you guys are in love with the kit you must be smiling 24/7 in anticipation of installing it GL..
Not gonna lie, my gf was laughing at me for like an hour over the dumb smirk I had on my face just looking at intercooler piping haha. Anticipation is killing me
Glad to hear that. Thanks.

Make sure to do a full build thread.
Yep I intend to with many, many pictures haha. I do have one question. I was looking at the oil feed/return package. There is one fitting, which I think is the fitting that goes on the oil pan (I'm not entirely sure since there's not threaded end on it to screw it into the pan). It looks like one end was cut at an angle; did you do that so that we could just weld it flush to the pan and have it at the correct angle for us?

747 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
There is one fitting, which I think is the fitting that goes on the oil pan (I'm not entirely sure since there's not threaded end on it to screw it into the pan). It looks like one end was cut at an angle; did you do that so that we could just weld it flush to the pan and have it at the correct angle for us?
Bingo! No room for any mistakes and takes the guess work out ;)

·
Registered
892 Posts
LOL, Ivtec, I did the same thing. I took every single piece out of its packaging and inspected it fully. Emptied out the packaging materials and reorganized the parts into the box lol. The material choice for everything that was fabricated is top notch. The welds all look excellent, and every single little piece needed is nicely organized.

I already opened up the wastegate and switched the springs to 7.5 psi.

Awesome work Mo! I'll be making a full build thread as well with lots of pics, maybe we can rival the overwhelming number of FR builds in the turbo section

747 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
LOL, Ivtec, I did the same thing. I took every single piece out of its packaging and inspected it fully. Emptied out the packaging materials and reorganized the parts into the box lol. The material choice for everything that was fabricated is top notch. The welds all look excellent, and every single little piece needed is nicely organized.

I already opened up the wastegate and switched the springs to 7.5 psi.

Awesome work Mo! I'll be making a full build thread as well with lots of pics, maybe we can rival the overwhelming number of FR builds in the turbo section
Thank you sir!!! Ofcourse we can, not only rival but surpass ;)

You guys really do think of everything :thumb: Now if only I could weld..
We try :) remember "performance without compromise"

·
Registered
404 Posts
hey mo this is Patrick, i was wondering what waste gate spring u have on the waste gate, i see u sent three other ones with the waste gate, and also the kit looks great so far, cant wait till the turbo and manifold get here Tuesday, I will be installing the kit this Friday, also do u know when my brake kit is going to be here, and one last thing mo I need the base map, thanks mo for your great customer service

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hey, i already changed mine. Look in the instruction manual it tells you the psi of each spring. So, if you have the red(6 psi), green(9 psi), and blue(18 psi) spring in front of you, then the natural(1.5 psi) and yellow(3 psi) spring are in the wastegate. I left the natural in and took out the yellow and replaced it with the red to make the spring load 7.5 psi.

The combined loading of springs in parallel format like the waste is simply the sum of the spring loads. So, natural + yellow = 1+3.5=4.5

·
Registered
404 Posts
ok thank you, hey mo when are u going to email us the base map, and also whats the status of the brake kit, thank you again for your excellent customer service

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I saw that, thanks Mo :dancing:

I seriously cannot wait to get this thing on. All I can think about lately haha, not good when I have finals coming up! Still gotta decide if I'm installing it or not :think:

281 - 300 of 302 Posts