8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much thought and time given to reproduce a new kit we have finally got some details for the newly revised kit that everyone has been asking for.

We listened to people that bought kits (not just ours but all in general) in the past and got feedback from what people wanted as well as what people hoped they would have chosen as far as parts is concerned in the first place and made the ultimate kit that fits the requirements for all the people out there.

We considered upgrade ability as well as cost, quality and durability. We considered spool response as well as top end power.

The new kit comes with a LOT of items that are standard items and also upgrades in the past that are now standard items.

The new kit is offered with a lifetime warranty on all SRT fabricated parts.

Now onto the details of the new kit. The comprehensive parts list is as follows:

~ All new tubular turbo manifold:
-T304 Schedule 40 Full stainless steel runner materials,
-1/2" thick Full CNC machined head flange,
-optimum CNC designed 4-1 merge collector,
-Vbanded turbo inlet,
-Vbanded Wastegate outlet for Precision 46mm WG or Tial 44mm WG,
-equal length runners,
-optimized WG neck for proper boost control without creep,
-full tig welded.​

~ Full line of new Precision Billet Vbanded turbos:
-Precision Billet 58mm Ported S cover, 57 trim A/R 0.64, 610HP (standard turbo),
-Precision Billet 55mm Ported S cover, 57 trim A/R 0.64, 520HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 55mm Ported S cover, 57 trim A/R 0.82, 535HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 55mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.64, 540HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 55mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.82, 560HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 58mm Ported S cover, 57 trim A/R 0.82, 630HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 58mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.64, 635HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 58mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.82, 650HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 62mm Ported S cover, 57 trim A/R 0.64, 650HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 62mm Ported S cover, 57 trim A/R 0.82, 665HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 62mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.64, 680HP (optional*),
-Precision Billet 62mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.82, 700HP (optional*).
* OPTIONAL - However, it is a NO COST option upto a $400.00 Value​

~ Precision Turbo NEW 46mm Vbanded Waste Gate

~ Tial 50mm Q-BOV

~ Stainless Steel Braided Oil Supply Line with all fittings

~ 5/8" ID High Temp. Oil drain Line with CNC flange and all fittings

~ SRT Spec'ed 4" Air Filter with built-in velocity stack

~ Hondata FLASHPro Engine Management System
-Controls Fuel,
-Controls Ignition Timing,
-Controls VTEC engagement point,
-Increases RPM redline,
-Controls Cams Phasing Angles,
-Removes Factory speed limitter,
-Will come with extremely well tuned base maps,
-Fine tuning is highly recommended.​

~ Hondata 4Bar MAP Sensor
- Needed to run over 10PSI boost
- Capable to run upto 44PSI of boost,
- Last MAP sensor you will ever need.​

~ SRT electronic boost controller
-compatible with Hondata Flash Pro,
-capable of boost by gear.​

~ SRT modified 1000cc injectors
-good for upto ~600+WHP (return fuel system recommended for 450+WHP),
-never have to be upgraded again,
-Fully Balanced and Flow matched by SRT,
-Injector of choice for perfect idle and linear power control.​

~ SRT Plug and Play Injector harness
-No cutting of wires for easy installation.​

~ Walbro® 255lph High Pressure intank fuel pump

~ All Mandrel bent FULL POLISHED 2.5" aluminum intercooler piping
-Polished is standard equipment for a fantastic show car quality,
-Bead rolled ends to ensure piping does not pop off under boost,
-Thick wall design for strength and durability,
-lightweight aluminum for minimal weight.​

~ Huge 24"x 10.5" x 3" Front Mount Intercooler rated at 600+HP
- Garrett High Density Intercooler core,
- CAD designed and CNC machined end caps for optimized flow.​

~ High Temp 4-layered silicone couplers and connectors
-4 layers for added reliability and durability,
-Couplers are Black in color.​

~ Stainless Steel High Grade clamps

~ NGK Performance Iridium Spark Plugs, Colder Level 8
-Iridium for longer life and better performance​

~ 3.0" Mandrel bent Full SS downpipe w/turbo flex piece.

~ Mandrel bent Full SS dump tube.

~ All necessary hardware for a complete install is supplied
-every single nut, bolt, zip ties etc. is supplied.​

Our MSRP on the kit is going to be $6,249.99

We are doing an intro/GB pricing for the kit at $5,499.99 limited only to the first 5 orders! - GB PRICING IS OVER!

As always holding true to our slogan: Performance without Compromise!

More details to come soon.

Here are some pics and more to come within the next few days as well as dyno charts. Enjoy:

These are dyno sheets of the new revised CUT package as it comes with absolutely no options. Basically the way we ship it! :dancing:

There was definitely room for more but alas no more fuel left to run it safely without a return fuel system!

Absolutely no boost creep and absolutely perfect boost control. Boost starts building at 2K RPM and has 12 PSI by 4.8K RPM. All that spool with your standard journal bearing turbo!!! :clapping: :woowoo:

Video of Dyno session:

skinsfn36 said:
SRT and Mo have a bit of a reputation on here for some reason having poor customer service. I wanted to write a small review about my experience with SRT and how amazing it was. Now that I have a day to just relax and enjoy this car and everything SRT did for me, I feel its more than fitting.

So much as the OP says, I contacted Roger about getting SRT to design a new kit for the 8thGen Si. Roger forwarded me to Mo and Mo pretty much immediatly called my cell phone. Mo and I went back and forth regarding details and goals for about a week speaking on about a daily basis. Speaking to Mo about this kit was great, the man has so much motivation and so much determination to be the best, it made me so confident in what he can do. Obviously, SRT can perform, look at their IS300. Listening to Mo talk about his plans for the kit and what he wants to see out of it made me pull the trigger. So I paid my deposit and Mo and I had made arrangements for me to drop the car off, from that point on, communication was completely on point. Mo gave me his personal cell phone number and once again, we were speaking together on a near daily basis about the progress and pictures and due dates. Mo and Roger did an amazing job of posting pictures as well as keeping myself and this website updated. I was actually recieving cell phone pics a few days before they were ever posted on here. I was at least a day ahead of this build thread. Mo wanted to make the best kit, and he did it. He wanted to make the fastest spooling, biggest power making, easiest installing kit for the 8thcivic and he did it. SRT had designed and completely fabbed a top-mount manifold, but completely scrapped it due to the fact it wouldn't be easy for the average shop or person to install and running the oil lines would have been a huge pain. They started again from scratch and nailed the manifold. Looks beautiful, performs amazingly and leaves a good amount of space in an area infamous for not having any.

I couldn't be happier I chose SRT, I spoke to FR, I spoke to JoTech, Both are great kits and perform as well. But dollar for dollar, and hp for hp this is the best kit. Pricing out the FR kit, I paid less for this kit installed and tuned with clutch and guages and EVERYTHING for just over the FR kit, without 3in exhaust, clutch, dump tube, 4in intake..you get the idea. I wanted to get my boost control settings perfect and Mo was on the phone with me on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY. A huge day and he still took out the time to help me get it right. I couldn't get it exactly how I wanted to he offered to spend however much time was nessesary on Monday with me and so I drove back to SRT (only about 2.5 hours for me) and we got it perfect, The BC settings are amazing.

Huge thanks to Roger (07civicMD) for taking and editing all of the pictures and videos, they turned out great. What a classy guy too, Daily drives a 500whp civic with a baby seat in the back. lol

Dennis and Richard, if it wasn't for you two Mo wouldn't have time for the personal aspect of this business. You guys did a great job on all of the install and it looks awesome.

Last but certainly not least Mo, if it wasn't for you and your determination to make the best kit on the market, I wouldn't be in the position I am today. You went above and beyond and gave me the best customer service I could ask for. Answering my texts (pestering, I'm sure), talking on the phone and sending pictures to show me what was going on was great. Never have I seen somebody more excited and happy to make a customer happy. He was so excited to see how this kit performed it make me eccastic that I chose SRT to make the kit.

Once again Thanks to everyone involved in this build and huge thanks to SRT!

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
I'm sure if you really wanted to use one you could, it's just not one of the FREE upgrade options.
Yes, I know. I guess it would be cool to see what options in WC that this kit is known to -fit- back there. And why no consideration for the EFR? It confuses me that people continue to make kits with no setup for the future of turbocharging. I'm sure "what works" is fine and all to develop for, but as I consider the next step for my car, I'm 99% set on an EFR compatible setup...

Even though I may give off the hate vibe towards most of the turbo vendors on this site, I'm really just pessimistic and want them to prove themselves. I actually keep a completely open mind towards who's setup to buy next. There are just a couple things that are non-negotiables for me, and watercooling is definitely one.

:shrug:

747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That intro price is r a t a r d e d

Sad though that there are no water cooled turbos in the list. Journal bearing is so last millennium.
Well NO water cooled is offered due to increased complexity of install.

I'm sure if you really wanted to use one you could, it's just not one of the FREE upgrade options.
Nailed it. However we do offer any of the mentioned turbos in a ball bearing version that is AIR COOLED this is the new air cooled technology of ball bearing turbo's offered by precision that is AWESOME.

FYI just in case people wonder about the pricing difference it is $700.00 EXTRA. And that price carries true for all the different turbo choices.

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
So that confirms it, no Garrett or Borg Warner. :(

And I don't understand the "complexity of install" argument. There is nothing complex about water cooling even in the slightest and it is infinitely superior to air or oil cooling on OUR chassis. Sticking an air cooled turbo back there is not a solid long term solution, especially if you're going to race your car at all.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Well NO water cooled is offered due to increased complexity of install.

Nailed it. However we do offer any of the mentioned turbos in a ball bearing version that is AIR COOLED this is the new air cooled technology of ball bearing turbo's offered by precision that is AWESOME.

FYI just in case people wonder about the pricing difference it is $700.00 EXTRA. And that price carries true for all the different turbo choices.
Those are the new ceramic ball bearings right?

747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I know. I guess it would be cool to see what options in WC that this kit is known to -fit- back there. And why no consideration for the EFR? It confuses me that people continue to make kits with no setup for the future of turbocharging. I'm sure "what works" is fine and all to develop for, but as I consider the next step for my car, I'm 99% set on an EFR compatible setup...

Even though I may give off the hate vibe towards most of the turbo vendors on this site, I'm really just pessimistic and want them to prove themselves. I actually keep a completely open mind towards who's setup to buy next. There are just a couple things that are non-negotiables for me, and watercooling is definitely one.

:shrug:
EFR Turbo is a neat idea but it will not fly IMO. Priced waay too high for what it is and not only that I am sure people that turbo want to hear the psssssttt sound of an external BOV. So IMHO it is not really the wave of the future.

So that confirms it, no Garrett or Borg Warner. :(

And I don't understand the "complexity of install" argument. There is nothing complex about water cooling even in the slightest and it is infinitely superior to air or oil cooling on OUR chassis. Sticking an air cooled turbo back there is not a solid long term solution, especially if you're going to race your car at all.
Garrett is available as optional and pricing will depend on which one is chosen. It is just that I gave examples of the popular ones that we offer.
The new AIR cooled BB turbos from PTE are far superior to the previous water cooled units, it has been throughly tested for the past two years and proven to be more reliable than their water cooled counter parts.

Those are the new ceramic ball bearings right?
Yes sir!

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
EFR Turbo is a neat idea but it will not fly IMO. Priced waay too high for what it is and not only that I am sure people that turbo want to hear the psssssttt sound of an external BOV. So IMHO it is not really the wave of the future.
The pricing is perfect considering all of the components it eliminates and the relative gains in spool and efficiency. BOV's are severely overrated, and the integrated BOV reduces spool time between shifts making it excellent for racing. I think the audience for this type of stuff can see the value in a turbo like that without much convincing. You're underrating your target audience.

Garrett is available as optional and pricing will depend on which one is chosen. It is just that I gave examples of the popular ones that we offer.
The new AIR cooled BB turbos from PTE are far superior to the previous water cooled units, it has been throughly tested for the past two years and proven to be more reliable than their water cooled counter parts.
IDK man, I'll reserve judgement until I've seen one of those go 20k miles on this chassis without needing a rebuild. Precision's track record on this chassis is terrifyingly bad. There's a lot of heat back there due to our nasty cowl.

FYI, it may seem like I'm trying to argue with you, but honestly I'm fighting for options. We have so few good options for kits on this chassis. There's honestly not a single one that I want right now. I used to think I'd go with FR eventually, but now that I've found out that their manifold doesn't work with the EFR I want to run without notching the tranny housing.... I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
i also dont think the EFR turbos are gunna hit it off good either..

there HORRIBLE for drag racing, they spool way way way to fast.

u dont want 500+front wheel horse hitting the track as soon as u launch u want to get going first lol.

plus i want to see how the wastegate does..

and there all so freaking huge and weird looking.

i can apperciate them for what they are, but i dont think they will be very good for a FWD street car, not enough lag. which sounds weird i know but u need a little for some traction lol.

i hate precision because of my personal experience, but they have so many diffrent options in turbos!!!... I hate to say it but im going to be running a precision again.

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts

u dont want 500+front wheel horse hitting the track as soon as u launch u want to get going first lol.

i can apperciate them for what they are, but i dont think they will be very good for a FWD street car, not enough lag. which sounds weird i know but u need a little for some traction lol.

i hate precision because of my personal experience, but they have so many diffrent options in turbos!!!... I hate to say it but im going to be running a precision again.
I'm going to disagree here. Without some sort of anti-lag or no lift shift feature in FP, the characteristics of the EFR suit it perfectly to drag. The wg's have already been tested and proven so that's not an issue. And for FWD traction, come on, if you're truly running a BFT there will be lag even with the EFR. I'm talking like 8374 size. Besides you just need moar slicks and better suspension and then spool is irrelevant.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
It comes down to pricing and what your really wanting out of a turbo. Everyone has there opinions so there will always be the battle between what better. SRT offers Precision over all others since he's been with them for many years and has been sponsored in the past and present. So from that standpoint it's a must that Precision gets top billing. Bulleye and Garrett are other branded turbo that Mo will start including pricing on his website very soon. Just for the current price point it revolves around Precision.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts

I like the EFR, I like to see any progress in the industry, but theyre massive. I don't plan on dragging this car. This is going to be a fun DD and when I get Mo to build me another tranny, then we can think about the track. But honestly I'd rather spend a day at VIR then MIR. This turbo kit should be absolutely perfect for a road course.

I'm going to disagree here. Without some sort of anti-lag or no lift shift feature in FP, the characteristics of the EFR suit it perfectly to drag. The wg's have already been tested and proven so that's not an issue. And for FWD traction, come on, if you're truly running a BFT there will be lag even with the EFR. I'm talking like 8374 size. Besides you just need moar slicks and better suspension and then spool is irrelevant.
Lemme know when an 8474 EFR can fit back there with everything else.

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
Lemme know when an 8474 EFR can fit back there with everything else.
The 8374 has already been test fitted onto the FR mani, it'll go but with a small tweak to the tranny casing. I personally wouldn't accept any tweaks to the tranny casing since it's not like our tranny's need more reason to splode. If FR slightly revised their mani it would fit fine (but they've said they have no plans to).

There is another company with plans to make a twinscroll 8374 fit, but I can't elaborate. :giggle:

1 - 20 of 302 Posts