8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
wow guys, i really give props to you guys for taking the time to do this! let the beginners know its really not that hard especially if you follow a video

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
not bad at all, ive done it 4-5 times on jackstands hardest thing is cranking the subframe bolts without an impact gun. they been on there forever without ever being removed

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I'm just wondering why the vid says to cut off the ends of it, then. I figured maybe because it gets extended an inch out that maybe the ends hit the bumper?

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I'm confused, in the vid you guys say to cut 2" off each end of it?
Forget the video go by what I say, in that particular car we were not told that there was previous front end damage that had tweaked the frame a little so we had to cut the end for it to clear and the video was done with that car BUT we have installed the kit on several cars AFTER that on both the FG2 and FA5 and you do NOT need to cut the bumper support. STOP confusing yourself.

It is sort of like the traffic light says red to stop and the officer tells you it is OK to go.

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
unfortunately i bought my SRT turbo kit back before these videos were made. i had a hell of a time trying to tap the oil pan but i found this link to full-race explaining how to do it that helped me out. Full-Race Civic Si FG2/FA5 Turbo Kit FAQ | Full-Race.com

i would also like to say if you are thinking about buying their kit, don't do it, i had the worst experience working with them. they took twice as long as they said they would to deliver my kit and every time i called to find out about it they lied to me. Then when they finally delivered it, it was missing parts which they tried to convince me it was my fault that they never showed up. you can spend the same amount of money at full-race and get a kit from a company that will accommodate your needs far better.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts