8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY WUD UP YALL, I WAS WONDERING AROUND ON WHAT THE COMPETITION IS OFFERING AND WHAT WILL BE OFFERED LATER ON AND DAMN I NOTED THAT THE NUMBERS FOR THE NEW DODGE SR-T DONT LOOK AS BAD, BUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY CURB WEIGHT? ON ITS SPEC IT SHOWS 2,966 (C.WEIGHT) WHICH IS PRETTY GOOD WHEN YOU ADD UP THE HP AND TQ THAT IT COMES WITH NOT MENTIONING THE PRICE ($22K) COMPARED TO THE NEW GTI...SE-R SPEC V... AND MAYBE THE CIVIC SI WHICH I THINK WE'RE AT AROUND 2,700-2,780 WITH LESS TORQUE/HP(C. WEIGHT). YEA THEY DONT SEEM TO BE HONDA QUALITY BUT I THINK DODGE/GM/AND SOMEOTHER U.S COMPANIES HAVE IMPROVED SOME WHAT IN THE QUALITY OF THEIR CARS. IF ANYONE HAS SOME FEED BAK ON THAT THAT BE COOL, ALSO WHAT ORDER WOULD YOU PUT THIS CARS:

http://www.drivesrt.com/en/dodge_caliber/pdf/tech_specs_teamplate_calibersrt4.pdf

06-08 CIVIC SI
06-08 GTI
07-08 MAZDASPEED3
07-08 DODGE SR-4
07-08 SE-R SPEC V

PEACE AND DONT FORGET :vtec: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
The WRX and the speed 3 have much less hp than the caliber srt-4 and get better or equivalent times.

I drove a regular caliber at work and almost immediately hurled my lunch upon seeing and feeling the interior.

:xyxnervou

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
(Friedk)-lol yea i was thinking the same thing actually and when i saw your forum picture yea i think i would shoot myself as well in the head when it comes to the interior but otherwise what do guys think of the ride itself, do you think there is potential or just garbage?

and yo to n ayone else, guys this was just a simple thread, i aint trying to bash anyone or any car yall need to relax, asking and giving a simple opinion doesnt take much unless your brain damage or something so pls chill with bashing for somoe reason, ohhhhh and if its for the simple CAPS thing wow, sorry guys, damn most of you act like them peps that clean their cars, a bird shits on it, and DAMN its the end of the world, all i gots to say is chill.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Damn, give the guy a break people.

It's a boosted car that has a lot of power stock.

I hear it handles decent too. I don't have any respect for the chassis though.

I'm sure you can turn it into a really fast car that can handle decent if you really want to.

I'd rather pick a car that isn't a compact suv with big stock 19s that has the worst interior in a segment that already has mediocre interiors.

Mazdaspeed 3 > WRX > srt-4 any day of the week.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I like the new SRT-4 Caliber, but I HAVE NOT looked at it in person yet so I don't know how the car feels or what the quality of the interior is.

If this car was out 5 months ago when I was buying my Si I would have considered it. It's pretty much a small, fast wagon and I really like wagons.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Once my elbows hit the armrests I already knew this car wasn't for me. They are literally ROCK hard. You might as well be putting your arms on rocks that people put a grainy texture into.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the caliber SRT-4 would have been better if AWD was an option from their R/T version. Too much power to the Front Wheels. I just hope they're able to control the torque steer.

Oh and the interior is pretty much the same as the normal Caliber's. Plastic looking and cheap. Even the previous gen SRT-4 had the same interior plus a boost guage.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
lionelp said:
the caliber SRT-4 would have been better if AWD was an option from their R/T version. Too much power to the Front Wheels. I just hope they're able to control the torque steer.

Don't worry you won't be able to it's terrible.

Oh and the interior is pretty much the same as the normal Caliber's. Plastic looking and cheap. Even the previous gen SRT-4 had the same interior plus a boost guage.
Buying the previous gen SRT4 was the worst mistake of my life, i can't forsee much difference in the caliber. A fast car that everything else went down the drain.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Dark.GEAR said:
i think the host on the initial post can use caps, but everything else can't be...
tHat'S jUst nOt faIR maN, capS sHouLd bE fOr tHe peoPle yO!

onto the topic, tq and hp numbers shouldn't be your whole basis on choosing a car. go and test drive a few of them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
friedk said:
Once my elbows hit the armrests I already knew this car wasn't for me. They are literally ROCK hard. You might as well be putting your arms on rocks that people put a grainy texture into.
AND the Avenger ... I test drove it and I asked the dealer if I could lower the lumbar support ... It was at the lowest position and my back was arched forward :xyxnervou ... Dodges are h a r d

·
Registered
283 Posts
I rank the cars in this order (from favorite to least favorite):
1. Mazdaspeed 3
2. Civic Si
3. GTi
4. Dodge SRT-4
5. SE-R Spec V

That's just my biased opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts