8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left my car at Hagerstown Honda yesterday to have the stereo looked at by a field tech. Around 4:30 I get a call from them saying that they have been on the phone with a Honda "Engineer" all day and have determined that the stereo is experiencing feedback from the SRS system. "This is a normal characteristic of the car and is not abnormal."

So, I've had the car in there three times for the same thing, they've replaced the entire stereo, and now they've decided its a normal occurance and I should just live with it... I'm sensing some BS. I'm suppose to accept the fact that my "Premium" stereo and "advanced" airbag system can't play well together? Sounds like they got sick of my car and are feeding me some **** to get it out of their hair.

I'm going to do a little more research into the matter, than file a complaint with the BBB and Honda.

I'm an engineer myself, but don't know much about the SRS system and how it would interfere with the stereo, if anyone has any info feel free to enlighten me.

Oh they left a note on my reciept saying that if I pulled the SRS fuse the stereo would work properly, soooo... disconnect my entire safety system so i can listen to music without an annoying buzz?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Hagerstown honda's service dept is a joke.. the manager is a jerk, they will do that sort of thing .. your best bet is to go to another dealer or contact the regional service manager.. I had problems getting them to fix my hfp kit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts