8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So earlier this week I got an AEM SRI + P2R TBS with gaskets. We made a quick, easy, and effective extension and different mounting point for the bracket.

No CELs yet and you can really hear the difference when you're greater than50% throttle. Butt dyno notices a small difference as well.

The 3rd picture really shows the difference in the mounting positions when using the TBS.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the same thing this week. lol...how did u take care of the intake rubbing on the radiator hose?
Nothing yet, probably reroute the house with some new hose eventually. There has been a few threads about the hose that will work. Napa part #7777 if i recall correctly. I really don't think its an issue but I'll do it anyways because im weird about stuff like that.

Looks good! How's the new sounds? ;)
I thought VTEC was loud before haha. Alot more people look now when i hit 5k+ RPMs haha. I love the sound.

looks good man!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I installed my Fujita SRI and TBS this week. I had to cut the coupling to the throttle body back a little bit to get the bracket to mount on the vibration mount.

Does anyone have a strange noise under light accerelation? Like wind going over sheet metal?

Mine also rubs, but I am going to eventually order new Samco hoses.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I installed my Fujita SRI and TBS this week. I had to cut the coupling to the throttle body back a little bit to get the bracket to mount on the vibration mount.

Does anyone have a strange noise under light accerelation? Like wind going over sheet metal?

Mine also rubs, but I am going to eventually order new Samco hoses.
This whistling noise is normal. Everybody with the TBS has it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It could be caused from the TBS not being milled to the same dimensions as the throttle body. Just a thought. That would cause air to pass over a higher part of the TBS causing some noise.

Just a thought, could be totally off base.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.