8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i ordered my Injen SRI a couple days ago and it should come tomorrow. Im only 18 and ive been working on cars for a couple years but this is my first performance mod and i was wondering if anyone has any advice for us noobs. and please keep the flaming to a minimum lol.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
dont forget to plug the tiny little wire in under the battery. I got everthing installed and forgot to plug that back in and when the battery is put back in you can't even see it! haha It took me like a half hour to figure out why my car wouldn't start. And have towels ready cuz you will have coolant everywhere.

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Since you made a point about flaming, here's some old stuff of mine that i used to use frequently...

Jks man. Remember to be weary of what you take out - remember each hose, and make sure that each hose is reconnected. Also dont forget the MAF, and be VERY careful with it, or it'll throw you a CEL

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
a few of MN people can help you install it including myself.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You don't need to take out the battery, just unhook the negative terminal. Also this mod was my first performance mod aswell, and I don't know too much about cars either. This mod was really easy, but it may take you longer than 30-45 mins like people suggested. It took me about 1.5 hours taking it slow and easy.

One piece of advice though. On the metal clips over the hoses, use a pair of pliers to squeeze them and slide them off. I didn't figure this out until the end, and they can start to hurt your fingers after a while. Using a pair of pliers on those clips makes it 10x easier.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My Injen came with instructions that were great. Just take it slow and you'll be fine. This is a fairly easy mod. Remember to keep the screws on the clamps for the SRI facing up so you can actually tighten them down.

Good Luck

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh yeah, and let the coolant cool down for 45 mins to an hour before you attempt this, otherwise you will end up burning yourself like I did...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts