8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a injen sri, time for a new filter any suggestions? i think it s a 3" diameter?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive cleaned it a few times already but this last time it was way dirty and id rather start off fresh again

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but what kind of filter? a gauze one? foam? ive even seen some all steel mesh ones hmmm

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
well i was thinking just another injen one. on my old car i had weapon r. that filter seemed like it was made from plastic. it never really got dirty, however i dont know how well it cleaned either

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^FYI..none of the filters clean that good. after 40k miles check out the dirt in your throttle body and compare it to some one that is running a OEM filter....

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
^thanks for the input. i am aware that they dont clean as well as oem. we were trying to discuss which filter is goin to clean more

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i might give a foam filter a whirl see if it makes a difference i mean i can always just wash and reuse the injen one or get a replacement...

oem filters are you talking about the stock intake system? with them paper filters?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont know about that them paper ones get pretty dirty pretty quick, i wouldnt mind seeing some pix of throttle body stock vs sri / cai intake

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
KaizSi said:
i dont know about that them paper ones get pretty dirty pretty quick, i wouldnt mind seeing some pix of throttle body stock vs sri / cai intake
the paper one gets dirty quick because it is blocking the dirt from entering the intake....while the aftermarket ones are letting it in.
ill try to find a comparison of the 2.
here is a start:
http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/index.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts