8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

ive been hearing this weird, squeaking, like-somethings-loose sound for the past few days from the rear top, whenever I hit a bumpy road. I've asked people (passengers at the back) and they said it seemd like it was coming from the roof or something.

:xyxnervou i wonder what could that be :help:

Thank You

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
is one of the rear panels loose in the interrior maybe? If one of the panels is unclipped or loose it could be causing the noise. Can you have someone push up on the panels near the roofline in the back while driving around. See if you can locate the problem that way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
where are you from warblade? i am from ontario, and whenever i get a build up of ice/snow in the space adjacent to the weatherstripping around the trunk in my 93 civic, i get a squeek when i hit bumpy road. it sounds like it comes from the back seat area...
check that and see if it makes a difference...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im from montreal. and I must say winter sucks. Ice/snow was actually my initial guess but I didnt really check on that space adjacent to the weatherstripping, that you mentioned. I will check on that today and hopefully thats what causing the problem.

·
Registered
406 Posts
warblade said:
Im from montreal. and I must say winter sucks. Ice/snow was actually my initial guess but I didnt really check on that space adjacent to the weatherstripping, that you mentioned. I will check on that today and hopefully thats what causing the problem.

I'm from Montreal as well and have the same rear squeaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts